❄︎

Typing furiously on her laptop, Kaeya was trying her best to ignore the amazing aroma coming out of the modular kitchen in the penthouse. Yuvaan was cooking for her and as per his orders, she wasn't to step in till further notice.

10 days.

It was 10 days after the business party that Yuvaan and Kaeya tried to take in the new environment, with her trying her best to accept the changes and whatever is written in her fate.

Not everyone's life is perfect. And the same was the Kaeya who had accepted this fact by now.

She had to take out the best of what's left in it.

And fortunately or unfortunately Yuvaan was in it, she had to decide whether to accept him or ruin their future which seemed the last option.

The sudden noise of doorbell ringing snapped her out of the thoughts and she released a frustrated breath, not really in the mood of meeting someone.

Who could be at the door since no one really visited Yuvaan much?

"KayKay, please see who is at the door. I'll come in a jiffy." Yuvaan's distant voice was heard and she instantly ran towards the door.

Opening the door of his penthouse, it was only for Kaeya's orbs to land upon Yuvraaj who was standing there stiffly, hands crossed over his chest.

He looked a lot mature than 9 years ago, though with a same serious sort of look. His structure was almost the same but the magic of age definitely worked on him as well.

"Yuvraaj bhai?" Kaeya gasped seeing him.

Yuvraaj's head snapped towards her as he earlier believed that it would be Yuvaan who would welcome him, but shockingly it was Kaeya.

"Doll?" His whisper came.

Doll.

Only Kaeya knows how much she has missed hearing this from his mouth.

"It's seriously you.... How are you?" He asked, recovering himself from the shock.

For a moment Kaeya didn't know how to behave with him or what to speak. She felt slightly frozen as if her mind couldn't process any thoughts.

"Yuvraaj bhai?" Yuvaan's voice reached Kaeya's ears making her realize her surroundings.

And all of sudden she noticed the change in both of the brother's behaviour.

Yuvraaj was giving Yuvaan a disappointed expression that was mixed with full of anger while Yuvaan was looking at him shockingly, both of them not able to make any movement.

"Bhai, you came?" Yuvaan choked out.

Kaeya was looking at the scene silently, not being able to grasp the behaviour between them. From the beginning of meeting Yuvaan once again after 9 years, she was skeptical about Yuvraaj's absence. And now it seemed that there was definitely a reason behind it.

"Of course I did. My hands are craving to knock some sense into you." Yuvraaj gritted out making Kaeya look at him with shock written all over her face.

These two brother were known for their bond. They were more of a bestfriends than a pair of elder brother and a younger one. But that changed with the entry of Miesha in Yuvaan's life.

She didn't only created distance between Yuvaan and Kaeya. It was also Yuvraaj and Yuvaan whose bond had taken a toll. Because for Yuvraaj, Kaeya was as important as a sister he never had.

"Bhai please talk. Just let me explain myself and then you can decide whether you want to keep relations with me or not. Just don't act like you did 9 years ago." Yuvaan almost pleaded to him, his expression looking helpless.