❄︎

Today the whole atmosphere felt gloomy to her as she walked towards her school, all by herself.

Usually it would be Yuvaan who would take her on his bike, but today the one message she received only made her realize how much the situation had changed.

'Kaeya, I'll be taking Miesha school today with me. Can you manage? Pretty please :('

And she just replied with a simple okay.

It pained her heart, she wouldn't lie. It crushed everything inside of hers to even think about Miesha and Yuvaan being in a relationship.

"Kiddo?" A distant voice was heard as she turned her head towards the source.

There, Yuvraj Shah, elder brother of Yuvaan by 5 years was directly looking at her with a frown as he was seated on the driver's seat of his car.

"Yes bhai?" She asked, walking towards him.

"Now why are you walking the whole way to the school? It's almost 5 KM and look at the weather. It could rain anytime." He questioned her, like a caring elder brother.

"Uhhh- actually-"

"Isn't it Yuvaan's responsibility? I swear if he has denied you for this, I am not going to leave him alone. I am sure it's about the reason you were crying yesterday. Is he taking that another girl only? What's her name-" Yuvraj gritted out.

"M-Miesha." Kaeya responded in a low voice.

"Yeah whatever. Kaeya don't tell-"

"Bhai let it be. What's wrong in walking? It'll only-"

"No Kaeya. There is everything wrong in walking alone on a road like this. Do you even see the traffic here? People drive so recklessly. And it's Mom and Dad who had given Yuvaan this responsibility which he should comply to. This boy will learn his lesson soon, don't worry about that. And now listen to me, I'll be dropping and picking you off daily till I am in this city. I have around 3-4 months break from college so, it'll not be a problem for us." Yuvraj said, nodding his head a little.

"Don't think I don't know what it is all about. He is mad enough to do this, but you are not going to bear this nonsense. It was the last time you were dependent on him for this pick and drop service because now you have me. So, don't even think to ask him about the same." Yuvraj said pointedly to her who he knew would melt soon as soon as Yuvaan would say some 2-3 good endearments.

Kaeya's lips slightly quivered knowing how much things have changed. Where Yuvaan and her would go to school together on his bike, laughing all alone and cracking jokes, now he had given that spot to Miesha with whom he would have romantic talks.

"Hop on kiddo. We don't want you to get late now, do we?" Yuvraaj said, gesturing towards the passenger seat of his car and she nodded, running towards the door and got inside.

She definitely needs to change her mindset now thay things have been changed immensely.

//////////

With the slowest of pace, she was walking towards her classroom that was at the very end of the corridor.

Other students gave her curious and weird glances since was walking alone, without her two bestfriends and that too with a sullen expression.