❄︎

The sounds of dhol, whispers, laughters, distant yelling was reaching up to everyone's ears. Some smiled continuously while some looked as if they were about to doze off due to tiredness.

And then there was she.

She was sitting indian style, in her heavy bridal attire and heaviest of jewellery whatever her Aunt could make her wear.

Unlike every bride who usually have these big grins or shy smile on their wedding, there was no expression on Kaeya's face. She looked distant. Her face was void of any emotion. Blank was something that she was.

She didn't react when her Uncle and Aunt took her hand to place in the hands of the man sitting beside her since long, for him to protect and keep her happy forever, because of the kanyadaan.

Hers looked so small in his big and rough hand. She wanted to break that. She didn't want her hands to be kept in his'.

But she also knew she couldn't.

This was only one responsibility of them left that was towards her and she without any second doubt agreed for her marriage.

One big mistake she did was not taking interest in the person she was marrying till date. Why would she even? She didn't even care about anything since years.

This marriage was nothing but a responsibility of hers towards her Uncle and Aunt as well.

The priest had now declared that the wedding was done. Every ritual was done and now she was married.

Married to Yuvaan Shah.

Sooner or later, the guests left. The relatives scattered around, busy in their own tasks leaving her all alone.

She forcefully snatched her hand that was in his' and sit by his side all stiff and blank.

"Kaeya-" She heard him say making her go stiff all of a sudden.

"Don't you dare take my name with that filthy mouth of yours." She gritted out, not even looking at him.

The anger and loathe she carried out in her tone was hard to be missed by him.

He looked at her painfully yet a bewildered look on his face. No doubt this was the first time he had heard her speak to him after 9 years. And now, her tone was not at all like the one she used with him.

Her face that always carried a grin despite whatever was going on in her life was now replaced with a face that was void of any emotion.

Who exactly was at fault?

Her Uncle and Aunt?

Her former love, Yuvaan?

Her fake bestfriend, Miesha?

She felt someone place a hand on her shoulder and her head snapped towards the source of it.

There, her cousin who she took no less as her brother was giving her a concerned look, asking her various questions through his eyes.

"Y-You didn't tell me that it was Y-Yuvaan who you were going to marry." He asked making Yuvaan's head snap towards him as well as he heard his name being taken.