³⁶

External narrator

{Izzie's funeral day, 4 days since she died}

{9am}

Jo wakes up and notices Alex is still sleeping same as the two little kids sleeping on their bed. Eli and Alexis have been sleeping with Jo and Alex at their bed since Izzie died.

The twins have been all the four days since her death without smiling and they've barely say a couple of words, Alex has been in a really sad mood trying to make the kids feel better even tho he also feels horrible and Jo has just been trying to take care of everyone.

Jo gets out of bed and leaves the room without waking anybody, she goes into the bathroom and takes a shower and then puts on some comfy clothes to go downstairs and make some breakfast for when the kids and Alex wake up. When she's making breakfast she hears some noise so she gets out of the kitchen and then she sees Alexis walking downstairs with her stuffed bear on her hand, Jo goes towards her and picks her up to take her to the kitchen with her while she makes breakfast, she sits Alexis on the kitchen countertop and goes back to doing breakfast.

- Sweetie, do you want to eat your breakfast now or wait for Eli and your dad? -

- Now. -

- Fine, lets eat it together, okay? -

Alexis nods and they both sit on the table to eat, they don't say anything while having breakfast and just when they're finish Eli and Alex enter through the door.

Alex goes next to Jo, gives her a kiss and then ask her to give Eli breakfast while he goes to take a shower. So she gives Eli his breakfast while Alexis is on the living room watching TV. Once Alex comes downstairs both kids are watching TV whit Jo sitting on the couch, so Alex goes into the kitchen to have some food. When he is done with his breakfast, him and Jo help the kids take a bath and get dress for their mom's funeral. Once the kids are ready Jo and Alex put on their clothes for the funeral and then they all get into the car.

Once they're in the car Alex drives to the place where the funeral is taking place and not of them say a single word during the time it takes them to get there. When they arrive Mer and Bailey are already there, they were the only ones that were also going to the funeral because of Covid. During the ceremony the kids just stand there not really being able to understand the whole thing and the rest of them just have a couple of tears falling from their eyes.

After the funeral they say goodbye to Meredith and Bailey and then they go back home and order chinese food since it was Izzie's favourite food. Then they spend the whole afternoon watching Izzie's favourite movies.

-------- 🦋 -------
🐣