²⁶

Jo's pov

Once Alex and I finish cleaning all the plates and the kitchen I go to take a shower while he inflates the inflatable mattress where the kids are going to sleep. When I get out of the bathroom I see the kids are on the couch finishing to watch the movie and Alex is sitting in the bed looking at his phone. I go and sit next to Alex and I put my hand in top of hims which is in his thigh.

- What are you doing sitting here? -

- I was going to sit with the kids when I finished inflating the mattress but they didn't want me there with them so I just came and sit down here. - I leave a kiss on his lips and I just stay sitting there with him.

When the movie is over we go tell the kids it's time to go to bed but they've fell asleep on the couch so Alex takes Eli and takes him to their bed and I do the same with Alexis. When I've almost reach the bed I notice Alexis has woke up in my arms, she looks at me smiles, close her eyes and then she just says:

- Thank you for making my dad happy. I'm really happy he's happy and I'm sure Eli will be happy too very soon. - Alex never told the kids it was me he was with, I guess Alexis hust figured it out. Then moment I leave her on the bed she falls asleep again, I kiss her head and then I whisper to her ear.

- You're welcome. -

After putting the kids in bed, Alex and I lay down on ours, he hugs me from behind and brings me as closer to his body as he can and then whispers in my ear thanking me for giving him a second chance and for loving him and being so good with his children. I turn my body so I can look into his eyes, kiss him on the lips and then turn around to sleep close to his body with his arms around my waist and feeling his breath on my neck.

-------- 🦋 -------
I'm sorry this chapter is short, I didn't have a lot of time to write it. I'll try to upload again in a few hours. ✨