first date

request by: @13456doritosarehot. I'm sorry, I haven't had any time to watch la la land so I'm not sure of the ending that you wanted/were referring to. But I hope that you still like what I wrote, thank you for the request. <3

your pov

I put down my menu and began to chew on my thumb nail, a genuine force of habit when I get nervous or worried about something.

"What's wrong?" Timothée asked.

"Nothing." I shook my head and picked up my menu again.

His hand came over the top and pulled it right back down.

"What's wrong?" he asked again, with a deeper and more concerned tone.

"I'm just worried about y/d/n."

Timothée and I had a baby girl four months ago. Tonight is our first night out together, or our first date, since having her.

Her first night without us both.

"Y/n, she's fine. She's safe and with my parents, remember?"

"Yeah," I nodded "you're right. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry." he smiled and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

Our waiter came over and took our orders as we sipped our drinks and had small talk.

Timothée went back to work about a week ago and started to tell me what was supposedly a "hilarious" story about something that happened during one of his meetings.

I paid attention at the beginning, but zoned out when my eyes caught a baby girl sitting in a high chair a few tables down from us.

God, she looks just like y/d/n.

Yes, Timothée just reassured me that she was safe with his parents, but my mind couldn't help but wander in the opposite direction.

What if they're away and she's choking on her own spit and they can't hear her?

If she's crying because she's in pain, will they brush it off as a normal fuss?

Or what if she has a dirty diaper and they can't come fast enough to change it before it all gets much worse?

"Y/n," I heard my voice almost echo from Timothée "Y/n." he knocked on the table.

I jumped and turned back to him. "I'm sorry."

"Are you still thinking about y/d/n?"

I nodded and tears flooded my eyes.

My hormones are still very much present.

Timothée stood up and came to sit next to me, putting his arm around me and kissing the side of my head.

"Don't cry," he said "we can leave, let me just go and p-."

"No," I said "I want to stay. I'm just worried about her Tim, I've never been away from her for this long and I miss her."

"I miss her too babe. Why don't we call my mom and ask how she's doing?"

I nodded again and he pulled out his phone from his pocket to call Nicole.

"Hey, Mom.."

"Yes, everything's alright.."

"Is y/d/n okay?"

"Good. Y/n wants to talk to you."

"Hi, Nicole.." I said taking the phone "Oh no, we're okay. I just wanted to ask how y/d/n is doing.."