dresser

your pov

"Put that down!" Timothée yelled.

I dropped the pieces of the dresser in freight.

"What is wrong with you?!"

He rushed over to me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just don't want you hurting yourself, the doctor said to take it easy."

"I'll be fine." I insisted.

"No," he shook his head "I've got it."

"I want to do something at least."

His eyes peered to the big brown boxes. "You can hang up all her clothes if you want."

"Fine."

He picked up the pieces I dropped as I began sorting the clothes out.

We spent two hours talking about the arrival of our girl in the coming weeks as he continued to build the dresser and I hung up her clothes.

As I hooked up another onesie, I stopped and put my hands on my lower back. "Ow."

I turned around to see Timothée reading the instructions, looking very confused.

"Need some help?" I asked.

"No thanks."

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, putting one hand on his shoulder as the other was still pressed on my lower back.

"Take a break."

"I want to get this done today."

"Timothée," I sighed as another pain wrapped around me "please take a break."

He looked at me, immediately standing up as worry crept onto his face. "Baby what's wrong?" his hands touched my belly "is she coming?"

"No," I shook my head "I just stood up for too long, my back is starting to hurt."

"Sit." he grabbed my shoulders and sat me down in the rocking chair he had built about two weeks ago.

"At least we know it holds." I joked.

He looked down at me, smiling like a child does at a piece of candy. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing." he looked away.

"Tell me!"

"I'm just so happy with you and my life right now," he knelt down beside me "and I can't wait for our baby girl to arrive."

"Me too."

He gave me a kiss and went back to the pieces of the dresser scattered on the floor.

"Now," he picked up the instructions again "just relax and watch your amazing husband build this dresser for our daughter."

My hands rested on top of my belly, feeling soft kicks as I watched him continue to struggle to build the dresser the rest of the night.
_______________________________

this one is okay, I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long!! School is whooping my ass; and I'm starting to sort out what college I'll possibly be attending in the fall, that's just a whole other issue I've been trying to focus on.

despite what I'm busy doing, I want the apologize again!! Once I get things in order, I'll update much more/maybe this week for sure!