rumors

timothée's pov

The crowd bursts into cheer as we walk onto the stage, waving out to them.

I'm sitting on a panel with the cast of my new movie, we're on a press tour. Today: conference Q&A in Los Angeles.

A woman comes on stage and introduces us all, saying our names and then the name of the character we played. We wave again and sit down after she does.

"Alright," she says "we're going to be starting the Q&A now. Each of you will pick one person from the crowd, who has their hand up, and answer their question, then we'll just keep going down the line," she explains "sound good?"

My cast mates and I murmur in agreement and hundred of hands fly into the air.

Sure, I've done something like this before, but it's still nerve wracking to think about what kinds of questions people will ask. And it's a lot more pressure than people think to answer them.

"Relax." y/n whispers into my ear, putting her hand on my shaking leg.

I grin and nod, taking in a deep breath. "How are you not nervous?" I ask, careful to turn away from the mic so it doesn't pick anything up.

She holds my hand under the table. "Because you're right here next to me."

God, I just want to kiss her, but I can't. So, I just squeeze her hand three times and we smile.

We continue to hold hands and listen to the exchange of questions and answers.

The time comes for me to pick someone from the crowd now. I look and see a boy jumping up and down near the front, I point at him.

"Hi," he says shakily "my question is, how did it feel working with y/n for the first time? You guys have such a great connection in the movie."

I chuckle. "Well," I clear my throat "it was just amazing working with y/n for the first time. She's a wonderful person, great at her job and she
made me feel completely comfortable and right at home every second we were together, both on and off set and on and off camera."

The crowd awe's. "Thank you for the question."

It's y/n's turn now. She scopes out the crowd, picking a girl who is at the very back.

"Hi," she says "I don't know if you've heard, but there are rumors that you and Timothée are dating and I wanted to ask if that's true!"

Gasps come from the crowd and low chatter. Y/n let's go of my hand, resting hers in her lap.

"Umm.." she stalls, looking at me.

I can't help but notice the worry on her face, she's biting her inner cheek, something she always does when she gets anxious. I just give her a slight nod and she cracks a smile.

She turns back to the crowd, leaning toward her mic. "You heard it here first, the rumors are true. Timothée and I are dating."

The crowd cheers louder than earlier. I can feel myself blushing and y/n looks at me once again. I lean in, finally being able to kiss her without having to hide from everyone first.

I pull away, holding her face in my hands. We're smiling at each other like crazy, I swear it feels like we're the only people in the room.

"Wow!" the woman who introduces us says "none of us could have expected that news today! Well, you two, we're wishing you all the best."