miscarriage

timothée's pov

"TIMOTHÉE!" y/n shrieked from the bathroom.

I jumped off the bed and ran into the bathroom to see her crying on the toilet and doubled over in pain.

There was blood everywhere and she was shaking.

"What's wrong?" I asked crouching over to her.

"It hurts I.." she closed her eyes "I don't know."

She fainted right there.

I called 9-1-1 and we went to the hospital.

I had no idea what was happening, I couldn't even stay with her while the doctors worked on her.

Unfortunately, y/n's family lived across the country and couldn't make it over here to the hospital until tomorrow morning.

I didn't know what to tell them on the phone other than that she was in the hospital.

"Mr.Chalamet?" a doctor called for me.

"Yes, yes that's me." I said getting up from the chair.

"We found out what happened to your wife. She's stable now, but still asleep. I can tell you the news now or tell you together when she's awake." she said.

"Umm.." I pulled at my hair "just tell me now."

"Mr.Chalamet..your wife had a miscarriage. She was 10 weeks along."

My mouth dropped open. My mind went blank. My eyes filled with tears. My heart broke.

"I'm so sorry." she said putting her arm on my shoulder and walked away.

I had no idea she was pregnant. She would have told me something if she knew too, there was no way she would keep this to herself.

I walked into her room.

She was still sleeping, curled up under the blankets of the hospital bed.

I laid next to her and pulled her close.

Tears still ran down my face at the realization that we had just lost our baby. One neither of us knew about.

It had been a long night to morning and I fell asleep with her in my arms.
_____________________________

the next morning

"Timothée?" y/n yawned.

"Hmm?" I groaned.

"Where am I?" she asked.

It took me a minute to open my eyes and see ourselves in the hospital room again.

"The hospital." I said sitting up.

"What? Why? What's wrong with me?"

She started fidgeting with her fingers and breathing heavily.

"It's okay, you're okay. Just breathe." I said hugging her.

She was anxious about being in the hospital
already. I didn't know how she'd react to the news.

"Y/n.." I looked down at her hands "there's some..bad news."

"What is it?" she started crying.

I looked at her with teary eyes.

"You..you had a miscarriage." I sobbed.

She broke down in my arms.

After being together for years and seeing her cry and break down before, I had never seen her like this.

She screamed and whaled in pain, pressing her face into my chest. I couldn't help but do the same.

"I didn't even know I was pregnant." her voice muffled.

"I know baby..I know."

We both cried and held each other close for a while before y/n looked up at me.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault. Please, don't blame yourself. Neither of us knew, things just happen for a reason."

"You're not mad at me?"

"Of course not. You did nothing wrong."

She looked down and put her hand over her stomach, delivering another sob.

I put my hand on top of hers.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

I kissed her and pressed my forehead against hers.

"We'll be alright." I said.

"We will be."