breakfast in bed

timothée's pov

As my feet were about to touch the floor, y/n grabbed a hold of my arm.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Going to get something from downstairs."

"You don't have get me anything, I told you that already."

"Who said it was for you?" I smirked.

"Oh."

I crawled on top of her "I'm just kidding," I gave her tons of kisses as a grin plastered her face "it's your birthday, of course I'm going to get you something."

"Timoth-" I cut her off with another kiss.

"I'll be back in twenty minutes."

"Okay." she sighed.

I got off of her, heading over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then went down to the kitchen.

I went into the fridge, grabbed eggs, bacon, milk, and reached for the box of pancake mix.

I grabbed a skillet and turned on the stove to high, and put two pans on the other burners.

With the eggs in hand, I cracked them all and left them to cook in a pan and I laid out the strips of bacon in the other.

Hopefully y/n wouldn't come down and see what I was doing, or smell it either.

Our kitchen is basically on the other side of the house, she shouldn't be able to spoil her own surprise. Right?

As the eggs and bacon started to cook, I mixed a bowl of pancake mix and scooped five circles of it onto the hot skillet.

I scrambled the eggs while I watched the time, five minutes until I have to flip the pancakes.

When the eggs were halfway cooked, I flipped the bacon over and went back to the fridge.

We had just gone grocery shopping a week ago and bought a bunch of fruit.

I took out blueberries, cantaloupe, oranges, and strawberries, put them on the table and grabbed a random cutting board.

I washed all of the fruit and began cutting the cantaloupe and strawberries.

As I continued to cut the fruit, I peered back at the stove to check on the food. All good.

I put the sliced strawberries and cantaloupe into a bowl and dumped in the blueberries.

As I threw in the last slice of orange, I saw some smoke coming from behind me and started to smell slight burning.

I turned around "SHIT!"

The pancakes were burning, I turned off the stove and looked under them: charred.

Great, there goes that part of the breakfast.

The kitchen was filling up with smoke greatly, I ran over to open a window.

Just then, the smoke alarm went off.

I forgot to turn off the burners that were cooking the eggs and bacon. I ran back to do that, and checked the food: charred and completely unsalvageable.

The smoke only got thicker and my eyes began to burn, I could barely see anything. I turned on the fume hood and went over to turn open the rest of the windows.

"Timothée?!" y/n yelled.

"What?" I swung a kitchen rag around, trying to get rid of the smoke through the windows.

By the volume of her voice, I could tell that she was standing right at the bottom of the stairs that led into our kitchen.

"Wha-" she started to cough "what are you doing?"

"Get back upstairs."

"I'm not going ba-"

"GO!"

The smoke finally cleared and I looked at the ruin food, the only untouched and consumable thing was the fruit. I threw everything away and went upstairs with the bowl.

Y/n was laying on the bed, her hair wet from taking a shower as a pout covered her face.

I put the bowl down on our dresser and sat next to her. She moved her body away from me.

"I'm sorry." I said.

She didn't say anything, I put my hand on her leg and only then did she turn to me with glossy eyes.

"Please don't cry," I said "I didn't mean to yell at you down there."

She's very sensitive and I truly didn't mean to yell at her, I was just frustrated.

"What were you doing anyway?"

"I was going to bring you breakfast in bed, but everything burned."

She chuckled. "I told you that you didn't have to do anything today."

"I know," I grabbed her hands "but I just wanted to surprise you with something special today. You do so much for me on my birthday, and everyday."

"I really appreciate the effort." she smiled.

"I do have one thing to give you though."

She watched as I got up and grabbed the bowl of fruit from the dresser.

"Wow." she gasped dramatically.

"Happy Birthday, y/n."

"Thank you, baby." she smiled and gave me a kiss.

We decided to spend the rest of the morning in bed, feeding each other fruit and laughing at my cooking skills and most recent mishap.