Chapter Thirteen

CHARLOTTE POV

I felt a warm, strong body snuggled against my back, muscular yet feminine arms holding me close. I smiled when I felt her trail kisses on my bare shoulder up to my neck. I sighed in happiness.

"Morning, gorgeous." Logan whispered in my ear.

I turned to face her and was met with soft brown eyes. "Good morning." I whispered back.

Reaching up, I traced Logan's lower lip with my thumb. I took in her facial features, mesmerized. Damn, I was crazy about this girl. I leaned in and kissed her cheek before getting up.

"Wait, no! Come back." She whined, pulling me back in bed.

Laughing, I let her. "I have to go to work."

She pulled my naked body against hers with a pout on her lips. "No."

"I have to." I ran my finger over her mouth, removing the pout.

A smile broke out on her face. "I can come with you."

"Logan..." I sighed.

"Please, baby." The blonde gave me puppy dog eyes, pressing her morning wood pressed against my inner thigh. Logan smirked and spoke seductively. "I could give you something in return." Her finger tips brushing my sensitive clit.

Naturally I gave in.

After our morning session, we got dressed and sat for breakfast together with our friends. For that last four days, Luke and Logan had been staying with us. It felt surprisingly normal. We got along great and gave each other space when needed. More than once, I had to convince Logan that her being here wasn't a bother. It wasn't like I was going to let her to stay in her apartment alone. Not after what happened. If whoever it was knew where she worked, they also knew she lived just above the cafe.

Although, sometimes I get the feeling Logan's been hiding something. On more than one occasion, I heard her and Luke whispering and would stop whenever me or Jazz entered. My insecurities threatened to surface, but I didn't let it. I trusted Logan. I didn't have any reason to doubt her.

***

When I agreed to Logan coming with me, I forgot that the models would be back for another shoot. Unfortunately, that meant blonde bitch was here drooling over my girlfriend. Whenever blondie wasn't in front the camera, she stood next to Logan initiating conversation. My girlfriend was too kind for her own good. So she smiled politely, nodding her head now and then. I still felt jealously rise despite her eyes never leaving me. I put the camera down and called for a break.

I caught Logan's eyes as soon as I turned around. She smiled as she approached me, my heart fluttering at the sight of her. She kissed me lightly, putting her hands on my hips. "That was amazing. You're amazing." She said with a happy sigh.

I giggled at her dorkiness. "It's not that big of a deal."

"Are you kidding me?" She asked in disbelief. "You are so good with that camera. I can feel the passion from way over there." She smiled then frowned. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and closed my eyes. "Nothing, come here." I pulled her down and kissed her deeply.

When I pulled away, her eyes were closed and a small smile graced her lips. "Wow." She said, barely audible.

The work day had ended and I grabbed my things from the office, said 'goodbye' to Jazz and left. I walked to the front door where Logan waited for me. I stopped in my tracks when I saw that blonde bitch with her hand on my blonde's arm.

I cleared my throat, plastering on a fake smile. "Excuse me, kindly get your hands off of my girlfriend."

Logan's face flushed and she rapidly came to my side. The model smirked and waved, walking out the door. I swear if weren't for this contract, I'd punch the bitch. But she was one of the best models and she was beautiful.

"Um, baby I-I didn't do anything. I was just standing here, waiting for you when she came up to me." Logan said in one breathe. "I didn't want to be rude so I just...I didn't do anything."

I rolled my eyes, internally smirking at her nervousness. "Let's go."

We both got on her bike, to head back home. "Char, are you mad at me?"

I held onto her tighter. "Nope, you're mine."

"Yes, I am." I could hear the smile in her voice.

We pulled out the parking lot, slowing down to watch left and right. Logan was about to ride onto the street when a black Toyota came speeding in front of us. Whoever drove showed no sign of stopping, aiming right at us. Logan hastily and expertly maneuvered the bike out of the way. The car barely missing us.

"Are you okay?!" She asked when we slid to a stop. I didn't answer as I kept my death grip on her, my heart beating rapidly. "Char, are you okay?" Her voice was still panicky but I could tell it wasn't because we almost got run over. It was for me. I nodded my head silently, my head against her back. "Okay, baby, let me go so I can see you."

I did as told and got off the bike. She looked me over intently, despite knowing I wasn't hurt physically. I was just shaken up. I guess she just wanted to appease her mind.

"I'm fine."

"Shit." She hugged me. "I'm so sorry."

***

"What did the cops say?" Jazz asked, sitting next to me.

"We didn't see the plates but an eye witness did. They'll get back to us once they have something." I answered, but my eyes were on Logan.

She hadn't said anything since we got back from the police station, knowing it was best to report it after the cafe incident. We all sat in our living room now. Logan suddenly got up and left and I followed her into the bedroom. She was angrily throwing things into her bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked, scared for the answer.

She glanced at me then returned to packing. "It's not safe for any of you. Not with me here."

"You're not leaving, Logan." I stated. She didn't say anything, just ignored me. I didn't want her to leave. She was safer here with us than alone. "Baby, please just calm down." I walked to her trying to grab her arm but she shrugged me off.

She stopped packing and looked at me. "You could have died today." She said through gritted teeth. "It's one thing to mess with me but..."

I could tell she was fuming with anger, but she was trying to keep her cool. "So could have you. And I'm fine. I don't want you to leave. Please." I begged.

Shaking her head, she zipped up her bag and was about to walk out. "I'm not staying here."

"If you leave, we're done." I said. I didn't want to do that, give her a ultimatum. But fuck I was scared. Someone was trying to kill her and I needed her to stay.

Logan swiftly turned around and her eyes met mine, pain evident in them. She quickly caught herself and replied. "Maybe that's best."

"What?" I asked in a whisper, my throat tightening.

The blonde took a step forward when a tear fell from my eye. "I didn't mean that."

I frowned when she came closer, lifting her hand that I smacked away. I wiped my own cheek while glaring at her. "Don't touch me." I muttered when she tried again.

"I won't go." Logan whispered, placing her bag down.

"Unpack the damn bag." I grumbled and walked out the room.

-E