Chapter Eighteen

CHARLOTTE POV

"Are you scared?" Jazz asked quietly.

We were both sitting in the living room waiting while Logan and Luke made dinner. Logan wanted to cook, Luke was probably just watching. The guy was great honestly, but his cooking, not so much. And that was coming from me.

I thought about the question. I was nervous for sure. Maybe a bit scared too. "A little."

"When are you going to tell her?"

I sighed, "I don't know. She's Logan, I know she'll be there. I just don't want her to feel trapped." I looked over at Jazz. "Do you think she will?"

Jazz laughed lightly. "You're kidding, right?" I shook my head. "Char, Logan is absolutely enthralled by you. Just because you both haven't said those three little words yet, doesn't mean anything."

I bit my cheek thinking about yesterday morning. "I, um, sorta did.'

"What do you mean?"

"I think I told her I love her yesterday." I said unsure.

"Explain yourself." Her eyebrows furrowed.

I looked down playing with my hands. "Yesterday, before she left for work. I, um, was half asleep so I'm not sure if I dreamt it or it actually happened."

"She didn't say anything about it?" Jazz asked curiously.

"No. That's why I'm scared, I guess." If I actually said it, why didn't she say anything or say it back? Maybe she wasn't there yet. Maybe she just didn't feel that way.

"Hey, relax. It'll be okay. I think we both got lucky with those two." She motioned towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, you're right."

"It's ready!" Logan yelled from the kitchen.

We entered the kitchen to see the two blondes were shirtless as usual, Logan wearing a sports bra obviously. We were ordered to sit down and waited to be served, each of us being served by our significant other. Logan made spaghetti carbonara and poured us a glass of wine.

"So, what do you think?" Logan asked expectantly.

"I think we haven't tasted it yet." I retorted with a charming smile.

"Well, taste it." Luke urged. "She made it for the first time. I didn't do shit so relax." He held his hands up.

I looked at Logan and she was looking at me anxiously. I took a bite of it and ate. The flavors burst into my mouth, awakening my taste buds. I chewed and swallowed. Just as I was about to answer, I felt unsettled. Quickly getting up, I dashed to the toilet. While I emptied the contents of my stomach, I felt my hair being pulled back and a soothing hand on my back. After I was done I got up and brushed the taste out of my mouth.

"You good?" She asked quietly.

"Yes. Fine." I gave her a smile.

"I'm sorry." She spoke again as we walked back to the kitchen.

Looking at her, she wore a sad expression on her beautiful face. Her brown eyes watched the floor as she walked.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked softly.

"I never made it before. I didn't know it would be that bad." She pouted.

I couldn't help but laugh. She was adorable. "It wasn't, I just think something in it didn't agree with me."

Logan nodded but didn't look convinced. She made me a grilled cheese sandwich instead, while Luke was busy stuffing his plate and my plate into his mouth.