Chapter Twenty Five

CHARLOTTE POV

*trigger warning* attempted rape

I could hear yelling and gun shots outside. I couldn't stop crying as I watched the door, waiting and praying for Logan to come through. My wrists were hurting from pulling too much and I felt exposed in just my underwear.

The door flew open and the same man came in. He slammed it shut and stalked up to me.

"I thought I had more time but I'll have to rush this." He unbuttoned his pants and pulled it down.

I started to scream but he yanked me down, a rough hand covered my mouth. His other hand harshly cupped my breasts. His touches were all over my body as I struggled, but my hands were restrained.

The sounds of doors slamming could be heard from outside. More tears streamed down my flushed face and my throat was burning. He cupped between my legs but before he could do more, the sounds came closer.

"Fuck!" He got up and quickly unlocked my cuffs. He gripped my chin, "I'll kill her then deal with you."

We stood in the corner, he now had a gun to my head as the door was kicked open.

***

I got up panicked and sweating. Looking around my old bedroom, my heart rate slowing down once I realised where I was.

I laid back down and stared at the ceiling. Two weeks. Two weeks without her and I felt like dying. Yet, I couldn't go back. Tears fell from my eyes as I scanned over her messages. My finger hovered over her name, I just had to press the icon. I didn't do it. It was 2am, she was proabby asleep.

Yeah, it was a lame excuse.

The next morning I woke up tired and hungry. Half asleep, I got up and did my morning routine. The house was quiet, telling me mom and dad was already gone for the day. The past two weeks they left me to myself, just as I asked. I did tell them what happened and dad was about ready to kill. Luckily, Mom calmed him down. The whole pregnant for a girl thing confused them, but of course they still accepted it. Although I think my dad still had a problem with his 'little' girl 'growing up'.

I walked into the kitchen with the attention of making breakfast. Honestly, the only reason I still made an effort to take care of myself was because of our baby. If I wasn't pregnant, I'd stay in bed all day. I sighed when I realise I only knew how to cook eggs and bacon. I missed Logan's cooking. I missed Logan's hugs and kisses. Fuck, I really missed Logan. My throat constricted as tears threatened to spill. I didn't know why I couldn't face her.

I made my breakfast and juice. I hated that I couldn't drink coffee anymore. I half heartedly ate my breakfast, then did the dishes. Picking my phone up, I went through the messages again. Then I watched our pictures and short videos we made together. I laughed softly when I saw one we took at the beach. I was on Logan's back, her arms securely holding my legs as we both made a funny face at the camera. I really did love this crazy girl. She had my heart.

The door bell ringing broke me out of my thoughts. I put my phone down and walked to the door, only to regret opening it.

"What are you doing here, Amy?" I bitterly asked.

She smiled. "Heard you were back and I wanted to say hi."

"Well, you did. Now bye." I went to shut the door but her hand stopped it.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

"Please, I just want to talk."

I sighed. "I have no time for your shit right now."

Her eyes softened. "Just a few minutes."

I mentally berated myself as I let her in. We walked and sat at the dining room table.

"Look, I just wanted to apologize." She started off as she placed her hands on the table. "I was a horrible girlfriend, I pursued you relentlessly and then did nothing but hurt you. Not only that but I also ruined our friendship." She looked at her hands. "I'm truly sorry, Char."

I stared blankly at her. This girl used to be my best friend. She was always a player but since she seemed to be serious about me, I thought I could trust her. I was proved wrong time and time again. She controlled me throughout out entire relationship.

I could tell she was really sorry but they're always sorry after they're caught. "I get that but it doesn't change anything."

She leaned forward. "Char, I want another chance."

I shook my head in the negative. "It's too late. Way too late."

"Why? Because of the coffee girl?" She boldly asked.

"Okay, get out." I stood up.

Amy stood with her hands raised. "I'm sorry. That was out of line." She stared at me. "But you can't tell me you don't love me anymore."

I looked up and sighed. "Amy, I don't. I am in love with Logan. There's no chance for us. Even if I wasn't with Logan, we wouldn't have a chance. Like I said before, I don't think I was ever in love with you." I said as gently as I could. "I'm not saying it to hurt you but you need to move on."

She looked down, then ran her hand through her short hair. "Can we still be friends?"

I forced myself not to cringe. "It's going to take some time to trust you, even as friends."

"Understandable. I was a complete bitch." She winced. I walked her to the door. She turned around once she was outside and hesitated. "Can I have one last hug?"

"...no."

Amy stared at me for a moment too long, a hand reaching up. I frowned and subtly leaned away, but she still managed to tuck some hair behind me ear. I noticed how gentle her touch was, it reminded me how she used to be. I didn't allow myself to fall for it.

"Goodbye, Amy."

Goodbye, Char."

I walked back into the house and just before I reached my room, I heard the sound of a motorcycle. My heart jumped in my chest and a spark of joy filled me. I ran out and looked up and down the street, eagerly hoping it was her. My heart sank when I didn't see anything.

***

"Hey, honey."

I peeked from under my blanket. It had been a week since I thought Logan was here and my mood rapidly decreased. "Hey, mom."

"It's been long enough, Char. You need to talk to her. Tell her what happened." Her tone was soft and gentle.

A tear escaped my eye. "I can't. She'll blame herself."

"This isn't healthy, Charlotte. You're pregnant and you need to take better care of yourself." She said sternly. "Talk to your girlfriend and stop shutting her out. I'm absolutely sure she's hurting right now." Her voice softened.

"You're right but I just....I keep feeling his hands on me and..." I couldn't stop the sob that broke through. "I-I know it's stupid because n-nothing happened b-but.."

Mom moved to hold me as I cried. "Shh. It's not stupid. What some people think is nothing, is the breaking point for other people. We all have different levels of pain we can bare. No one can judge what you feel." She kissed my head. "Just because you weren't..." She breathed in and out, gently rocking me back and forth. "It doesn't mean you didn't go through something traumatic. You need to go back and talk to her."

"I will."

-E