Chapter Twenty Eight

CHARLOTTE POV

I woke up panicking again. Since I was laying on Logan, my knee came up and accidentally hit her dick.

"Ow, fuck!" She screamed.

Hurriedly I got off her and kneeled on the bed next to her. My breathing was still uneven from my nightmare.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" She was now laying on her side, knees folded into her and her hands between her legs.

She groaned in pain but didn't answer right away. "Y-yeah." She choked out.

I gently rubbed her arm as she laid still. "I'm so sorry, baby."

She shook. "It's fine, but if we don't have anymore kids....it's on you." She joked quietly, a single tear fell from her eyes.

I pouted and gently wiped it away. I leaned down and kissed her cheek. "I'll probably have my hands full with you and this one anyway."

She gave me a small smile. "Another nightmare?" She was in the same position, just looking at me now.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"I want to hug you, but I can't move." She huffed out a laugh. "Maybe you should see someone about it?"

I blinked. "I don't want to."

"Maybe not but maybe you need to." She spoke carefully.

"I'll think about it." I laid next to her. "Does it still hurt?"

She nodded. "You got me good." She was looking at me weird. Almost nervous. "After our appointment today, I want to take you somewhere."

I frowned. "Don't you have work?" She hasn't been to work since I got back. She'd drop in for about an hour then come back. Or if I was at work she hung out there.

"Nope." She smiled. "Well I do but," she was grinning now. "John gave me 'The Friendly Bean'."

"What do you mean 'gave it to you'?"

"It's mine now. I mean, I'm still going to work but I wanted to be with you this week." She smiled shyly.

I smiled back at my adorable girlfriend. "I'm happy for you. I know John really cares about you."

"Let's get some sleep, we have another three hours." She slowly scooted closer. "Just, maybe not lay on me yet." She mumbled.

I buried my face in her neck, kissing the skin there. I smiled to myself when she shivered. "I'm sorry again."

"Shh. Sleep."

***

"Are you going to be this nervous at every appointment?" I asked Logan in amusement.

She squinted her eyes at me, her knees bouncing. "There's so many pregnant women here. I feel outnumbered."

I bit my lip, suppressing a smile. "You're a woman too."

"Yes." She nodded. "But I also have a, you know." She pointed to her crotch.

"Yes, I do know." I smirked.

"What, are you horny again?" She whispered, leaning forward. "You're gonna have to masturbate because I think you broke it." She said with a serious expression.

I swatted her arm as she laughed. "Asshole."

"Your asshole." She grinned.

"Dork."

We were led to a room where I'd have my checkup. The same room as before. I did the usual routine and we waited for Dr. Pierce.

"Good day ladies." She greeted us with a smile. "Okay, lift your dress." I did. "It'll be a little cold." She warned.