𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵

We made it to the top of the stairs. Draco pulled out his wand, pointing at Dumbledore, who was already up there. I heard him talking. I walked behind Draco, my wand out but not pointing at Dumbledore.

"Good evening, Draco, Daphne. What brings you both here on this fine spring evening?" He rambled.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking."

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you always been to yourself, Draco? Draco, you are no assassin." He looks at me. "Neither are you Daphne."

"Dont talk to her!" His hand started to shake. He kept pushing me behind him. "How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you."

"Oh, like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one lace with poison. Forgive me, Draco, I cannot help feel these actions are so weak that your heart can't really have been in." The bottle I gave to Weasley. That was him? More like Voldemort asking him to do it. He wants to kill Dumbledore more than anyone. Draco would never kill anyone.

"He trusts me. I was chosen." Draco shows off his mark.

"I shall make it easy for you." He pulls out his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" He casted, making his wand fly off his hand. Something was off, why wasn't he going to stop us? As Draco and Dumbledore talked, I can hear movement from below. I looked down and saw Potter. I gulped. He didn't notice. What was he doing here! He shouldn't be here, if the others see him, it's over and Voldemort wins.

"Ingenious. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you."

"I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill her."  Draco cries out. I can't let him do this. I came up to him, my hand trying to lower his wand down. My face hid in his neck.

"Draco, there must be another way." I whimpered. He didn't lower his wand, but he wanted to. "Dont do this." I continued to let him stop this. It wasn't right. This is what Voldemort wants.

"Listen to Daphne, Draco." Dumbledore tells him.

"Shut up!" He yells at him.

"You should listen to her." I looked at Dumbledore. "You always wondered why you love her. Why wasn't she like the others. It's because you knew she would never bring you pain. She makes you complete."

"Just put it down darling, please." I begged him. "This isn't you. I know you." I made him look at me. "Dont do this."

"Daphne, i know much pain you are in. Every time you close your eyes you see them. Thats why you cant sleep. You're slowly losing yourself, thats how they get you." Dumbledore said to me. "I cant imagine keeping this secret from Lisa, Blaise, and Draco for years. The guilt."

"I just thought i was being selfish, that i could stick it out and eventually i would feel how im supposed to." I turned to him, with my red nose and watery eyes. "I just wanted them safe and not worry about me. I don't want them too."

"You are a lot braver than you think. Fiona and Tom are just using you. Fiona has been since the day you were born. Why do you think she had a child? Thats why you are planning on-"

"I said dont talk to her!"

"Well, look what we have here. Well done, Draco." Bellatrix came in, whispering into Dracos ear. I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Lucas. He slowly pulls me away from Draco, making him look back.

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order, don't you?" Dumbledore greeted.

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're on a bit of tight schedule. Do it!" Draco couldn't.