𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦

It was an off day. I haven't seen my father all day, and if I did, it was only a brief second. Lucas and him were also off, Lucas seemed almost angry whenever my father would walk in the room and my father was ignoring Lucas. It wasn't like them. During half the night, my father was in his room, he didn't come out.

I was sitting with Lucas and Narcissa in the kitchen, while they were chatting and laughing. I just couldn't stop thinking about my father. I excuse myself and headed upstairs. I knocked on the door and saw his stuff packed.

"You're leaving? Why are you leaving?" It seemed like he was going back to Hogwarts.

"I was made headmaster. I need to go." He dropped his last bag, putting it with the others.

"Take me with you." I can't stay here, I need to go.

"I can't." He walks out of the room. I followed him out.

"What?! You're going to leave me here, with her? After all this time you don't me near her and you're leaving me."

"Please don't start with me dear. You have Lucas."

"I dont want Lucas i want you! No!" He turned back at me. "If you leave, I wont forgive you." He sighs, his back to me. He stood there. "You said that you'll protect me. I need you here."

"I can't." I faked a laugh.

"Cant or won't? What Im hearing is that you rather be a headmaster than protect your own child? How could you?" I was angry, you just can't leave. Not with everything we are going through. "After all i've done." I clenched my jaw. "You know what? I don't need you. I can take care of myself. I don't know why I come to you for help. I hate you." I whispered softly. "I bloody hate you." I said again but louder so he can hear me. "I hate the way I look like you. I hate the way you treat me. I hate the way you don't trust me."

"Hate?" He turns to me, charging to me. I backed up to the wall, him in my face. "You are nothing to me. You disappoint me." I felt empty. Those words hit me so bad. "You've always disappoint me." He had choked on his words.

"I rather kill myself than be related to you." I snarled. His eyes sadden.

"You're nothing. I wouldnt care." He regretted what he just said. The look he had was fill with shame and regret.

"Leave." I spat. Just like that, he was gone. The only hope i had left. The light inside of me vanished. Lucas saw and heard. I pushed him out of my way, Lucas had followed me to Draco's room. I slammed the door but he caught it. I plopped on the bed. I will not cry. Dont cry. You're not a baby. He doesn't deserve your tears. He left you. "I hate him." I muffled. Lucas sighs and sat on the bed. He stroking my hair back. "I hate him so much."

"Don't say that."

"He left me here." I didn't move, i just laid there in bed. "What kind of father does that?" Was all his promises lies then? Did he really not care for me at all? Was I such a burden? Lucas sat there. "People are right then."

"About what?"

"Him being a coward. He left his daughter behind." I shrugged off his hand that was on my shoulder. "I want to be alone." Lucas stands up, takes one glance at her. He heads to the door. Draco was coming his way and Lucas shuts the door, stopping him to do so.

"How dare you shut my doors!" He hissed at Lucas.

"Let her be." He tells him. Lucas looks at the door. "She wants to be alone." Draco wanted to help her but Lucas was scarier looking than Snape. It was the scars that made him scary. "You know, when i found out that I became her uncle, i wanted her not to know about her mother, nor this life." Lucas puts his hand on Dracos shoulder, making them walk together. Draco looks up to him. "Daphne gave me have a soft spot. I saw so much of me in her. She wasn't like Katherine, joyful. Fiona? Not even close, shes not as cruel or dark like her. But me? I was mischievous, reckless." He takes a long sigh. "You know, you actually remind me of myself back in the day. I bullied, I only cared about myself. I was better looking than you if I had to be honest." He jokes, but not really. "Severus and I never wanted her in this life."

"But its Fionas fault."

"Correct Draco." He looks down at him. "Everything we tried to do, we do for her. Keeping her safe, keeping her innocent. Like I said, i saw myself in her, i didn't want that. I wanted to change. She changed me." They stopped at the hall. "I like you Draco. You made her happy when her days were dark. Daphne deserves you. Dont let her go." He walks away. Draco looks up at the stairs, he should be with her now. He went back up and knocks on the door.

"Darling?" There was no answer. "I know that you want to be left alone, but I'll be here, outside." He slides down the door and sits on the floor. On the other side, Daphne also was sitting by the door. She had so much anger in her that she wanted to let loose. It felt like if something tics her off, she will explode. It happens when someone you love leaves you. Especially if they promised you.

I felt bad leaving Draco outside so I unlocked the door. He comes in slowly, closing the door behind him. No words were exchanged, just him pulling me into his arms.

"Don't leave me." I whispered as I put my head on his chest.

"I wouldn't dare."

✷ ✷ ✷

Its been days and I was done hiding in the room. I have to finish this once and for all. I got dressed and walked down with a lace black top, with a jacket, boots and jeans. Everyone looked as i entered. Fiona rolls her eyes.

"You look like Katherine. It disgusts me." She spats. I gave her a glare. Lucas seemed concerned in a way. "At least you stopped mopping over your father. What do you expect? He was going to leave anyways! You actually think he was going to stick around? He's a coward, always has." I turned my head slowly.

"Dont."

"You're still going to defend him? Daphne, sweetheart, he didn't deserve you. Severus is a nobody, you actually believe that he was going to stay with you forever?" We made eye contact before I hit her backhanded. The sound of the slap echoed through the manor. Fiona was shocked but laughed it off. I raised my wand to her neck. "Thats the Daphne I want."

"Im done with you talking." I turned to Lucas. "I want to head to Diagon Alley."

"We're heading there now."

"Good." The three of us whipped our wands and made it there.

"Madam Cox, Lucas, Daphne." Ralph greeted us. We bowed and headed our way for our look through. I was behind Lucas and Fiona, being their second pair of eyes. It was cold, the wind blew my hair out of my face. Out of the corner of my eye, i saw people. I stopped and walked down the steps and i saw Potter and his friends. We both stared at each other. Potter looked at Daphne, her eyes were dark, empty. Daphnes cheekbones were more defined, she didn't look like...Daphne at all. She looked like she gave up on everything.

"What did you find?" Fiona calls out. I hear her coming down the steps.

"Nothing, just rats." I yelled back. Potter was pulled by what was Bellatrix into a store. They have done did a poly juice potion. Bella wasn't even supposed to be here. Their here for the cup. I turned back, heading to Lucas and Fionas way. "Nothing." I let them go. We walked some more, checking alley after alley. Then a loud roar boomed throughout the place. It was a dragon and I knew, i just knew it was Potter. Lucas looks at me and chuckles. As Fiona was running towards Gringotts, I walked up to him.

"You are one mischievous girl." He smirks. "It was Potter wasn't? Who you saw down there."

"I dont know what you are talking about Uncle Lucas." I swayed past him. Up next is that diadem, and Nagini.