𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦

As we got our new uniforms, I went to meet up with the rest of the group at the great hall. I got there and everyone stared at me.

"How can a Snape be so beautiful yet so mean." I heard whispers.

"She's definitely not Professor Snapes real daughter."

"Evil is beauty." Then I saw Potter stared at me. He watched me walk to the table, making Weasley do the same. I never wanted this much attention. I placed my head on my hand.

"Cheer up Daphne." Draco touches my arm. My head went up. "Its time to bother Potter." Choir started to sing. I would never join. my singing? Yeah right. Once they finished, Dumbledore gave his annual speech.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words... before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin... who's kindly consented to fill the post... of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor." Everyone claps. He bowed and waved. I wasn't going to lie here but hes attractive.

"Potter! Potter!" I threw a piece of paper at his head. He turns around. He was starstruck as he saw me.

"Is it true you fainted?" Draco whispers to him, trying not to laugh. "I mean, you actually fainted?" I pretended to faint, falling into Dracos arms, him catching me.

"Shove off, Malfoy." Weasley turns Potter back. We all laughed.

"Our Care of Magical Creatures teacher... has decided to retire... in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce... that his place will be taken by none other... than our own Rubeus Hagrid." How wonderful, Potters friend will be taking over now. "Finally, on a more disquieting note... at the request of the Ministry of Magic... Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban... until such a time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds." I knew it. "Now whilst I've been assured... that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution."

"I want to go to the common room already old man." Blaise mumbles.

"Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish... between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you... to give them no reason to harm you." Like what? Or who? "It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know, happiness can be found... even in the darkest of times... if one only remembers to turn on the light."

✷ ✷ ✷

The girls of Slytherin ran to their dorms and gossiped about their latest crushes and boyfriends. I sat on my bed and chewed on some candy, joining in.

"Okay, lets play kiss date and marry." Julia smiles.

"Whos the boys?" Pansy asked.

"Potter." We all rolled our eyes. "Cedric Diggory." The humming sound vibrated the room. "And Draco Malfoy." My heart, started doing its thing again. "Alright Pansy go!"

"Okay so, neither of the two and just marry Draco." I nearly gagged. The woman is still obsessed with him. Thank god Im no longer friends with her. Other girls went, and then my turn.

"Daphne, whos your pick?"

"Umm lets see. Kiss Potter because I wont deal with him. Date Cedric because why not, its Cedric and-" I stopped myself. "Marry Malfoy." The girls oohed. Its just a coincidence. Pansy on the other hand, she hated the idea that I choose Draco.