𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳

After that talk at lunch, we headed to DADA class. The one class my father should've gotten this year. The six of us stood in the back, not wanted to participate. There was a large moving dresser in the middle of the class.

"So terrifying, yes, yes, yes..." Professor Lupin walks around the dresser. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Riddikulus!" Up close he was even better looking. I wont mind getting some extra credit...Lisa hung out with me, meaning she also hung out with the other slytherins. Nobody said anything about it, even if they did, they knew I was gonna do something

"Riddikulus!" The class repeats.

"Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!"

"This class is ridiculous." Draco snarls.

"Useless too." I joined, but still looking at Professor Lupin. Lisa gently pushed me.

"Very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please?" He points out at Longbottom. "Come on, don't be shy. Come on." He slowly walks up. "Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?" He looks at me, gulping.

"Professor Snape." He said softly. I smirked. Oh how wonderful.

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all." To all of you maybe. My father is a great man. "You live with your grandmother." He nods.

"I don't want it to turn into her, either."

"No... it won't. I want you to picture her clothes." I frowned. Im sorry? What? "Only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind."

"She carries a red handbag..." he describes.

"We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe... here's what I want you to do. Imagine Professor Snape in your grandmother's clothes. Can you do that?" He nods again. "Wand at the ready. One, two, three." My father pops out of the dresser. I crossed my arms.

"Riddikulus!" He waves the wand and dress my father in ridiculously ugly womens clothes. I swore under my breath and Blaise and Lisa pulled me back, not wanting me to start a fight.

"Wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Everyone, form a line! Form a line! I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most... and turn it into something funny." Everyone started a line. We didn't join. Ron was scared of spiders, good to know for next time, parvati was scared of snakes.

"Stupid." I laughed. Draco laughed with me. Im guessing Pansy didn't like that and pushed me. "Woah!" I fell on my knees. Lisa tried to catch me but failed. I took out my wand to point at Pansy and Professor Lupin smiled.

"Ah! Daphne! Please come, try." He grabs me and puts me in front of the class, standing into front of a toy clown. This was stupid. Draco looked at Pansy, wanting to choke her. "What scares you the most Daphne?" She froze. The class went silent. Everyone was thinking, what was the most coldhearted, meanest, unloveable girl, the most scared of. Daphne stared at the toy. She slowly walks backwards and runs out of class. Draco wanted to stop her but it was too late. He didn't know which way she went.

✷ ✷ ✷

Daphne eventually came out of her hiding spot. Nobody knew where. Sneaky little girl, she knew the places. Draco was reviled to see her as she gave her form to Professor McGonagall. She puts her hands in her pockets. Stood Away from the group. Lisa was by her side, comforting her.