Chapter 39

Running from Rhys, we took random turns and wound up in front of the haunted house. Pulling the daemos in, I kept turning at random hallways and when we paused, I listened for Rhys, before telling the guys not to hit anything in here. They where just people in costumes.

Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me, and I bolted, knowing it was someone in a costume. I wasn't in the mood to be scared. Leif bolted after me, while Noi went another way, and I pulled Leif into a closet, hearing the costumed person follow us. It was, as all closets are, small. Leif was pressed against my chest and stomach, and his green eyes glowed in the dark.

He leaned forward, placing his hands on the wall behind me. Our lips met, and I wrapped my arms around his neck on instinct, deepening the kiss. He bit my bottom lip, and I opened my mouth slightly, just enough to let him in. He pressed my back against the wall, and lifted my legs to wrap around his waist. When he pulled away, he whispered, "Huh, who knew my princess would do this kind of thing in a place anyone can walk into." Looking in my eyes, I rested my forehead against his.

"If I'm your princess then your my daemos." I said, and I realized we had been in here for about five minutes. "Let's go, we should find a way out of here." I said, and he tightened his grip on my waist. "I don't want to." He murmered and kissed me again. I didn't mind, so I lifted one of my hands to his hair, and pressed his head forward slightly.

When he seemed satisfied, he dropped my legs down and we walked out, trying to find the exit.