Chapter 28

The next day, I was in Avas room while she read a text from Lorelei. She realized that it was Autumn, so she got out the Halloween decorations and was setting up near the portal thing while I was carving a pumpkin. "Uh... what are you doing?" Leif asked while the others wondered what Ava was doing. "Carving a pumpkin! Wanna help? It involves knives~" I said, and passed a pumpkin with a design on it. "Cut along the top to get the seeds and stuff out, then carve along the lines." I said, and showed him what you do.

When I looked up from whay I was doing, I saw Asch and Pierce chewing a chord. "What. The. Heck?" I asked, and Ava started pulling, and all three got electrocuted. "Ava!" I shrieked, and pulled her off the chord. Turning my head to the two who chewed the chord, I sent them the scariest look I could. Sighing, I turned back to the carving, while Ava explained electricity to them. When she left to go get new decorations, she took Leif and I showed the rest how to carve pumpkins.

When we where done, my jack-O-lanyern sufficiently freaked out Noi.

"Yeah, gotta admit it's kinda freaky. When Ava gets back I'm gonna scare her with it!" I said, and laughed. "Why are we doing this?" Asked Asch, and I said, "Its a tradition, and if you don't follow it, the souls of the dead come back and take you to their realm." I said, and they looked nervous. "Uh... ok then, let's make sure to follow traditions." Said Rhys, and I nodded. "Yeah, the consequences are scary. Anyway!" I clapped my hand together, making them jump, "Wanna watch the Nightmare before Christmas?" I asked, walking over to the TV, and putting the movie on.