Chapter 29

When the movie ended, Ava and Leif where back, so the daemos decided to help, and I called Ava in on the whole "spirits of the dead take you to their realm" thing. Laughing, Ava said, "Oh, oh! Remember how scared our dad got at the haunted house when we where younger? Or when we fell on the hay bale when the trapdoor fell?" And I laughed when Ava face-planted the hay.

"Oh we have got to take the guys to the fall festival!" I exclaimed, and stepped onto a ladder to hang the new lights.

"Hey Alex, can you sing something, doesn't have to be a Halloween song." Asked Ava, and I nodded.

"First things first, imma say all the words inside my head, I'm fired up and tired o the way that things have been, oh oohh~ they way that things have been. Second things second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh oohh~ they masters of my sea.

I was broken at a young age, taking my sulking to the masses, writing my poems for the few that look to me, took to me, shook to me, singing my heartache from the pain, taking my message from the veins, speaking my lessons from the brain seeing the beauty through the... pain!

"You made me a, you made me a, believer, believer."

While I kept singing, everyone froze, including me, and while my eyes where close, I envisioned wars, battles, death, and destruction. When it ended, I had the image of when I almost died, when I almost killed myself. There was blood pooling around me, with my bones broken and my eyes closed, my shoulder bleeding from absorbing so much of the impact.

When I woke up again, I was in a hospital, surrounded by doctors, and I saw Ava and my dad's in the back, sitting down and looking nervous. "What's going on?" I asked, my voice weak and quiet. My throat was burning. "Alex!" My sister cried, and I remembered. I jumped off the high school roof...

Sitting up, the doctors finished what they where doing and left us to talk. "Water." I croaked, and Ava handed me a cup.

When I was done, they asked questions, so many questions. With my brain foggy, I answered them, and the memory faded.

Opening my eyes, I saw them looking at me, shocked while I sat on the ladder rungs. "What?" I asked, looking between them.

"Alex... where you thinking about when you almost?...." Ava started, before trailing off. Feeling sad, I nodded, and Rhys said, "I believe we saw your memories. Where you in battle when you sustained those injuries?" Asked Rhys, and I hopped off the ladder, not answering, and went to my room.