Chapter 18

On the way to the store, Asch surprisingly let me lead, so 15 minutes later, we where outside a grocery store, but Rhys wouldn't let me see the cook book yet. "Rhys, ust let me see the book, I can get the stuff quickly, and we can get back sooner." I said, and he ignored me. What the he'll? I've never wanted to slap Rhys but this is annoying. He still ignored me, and read the same of the soup wrong. "It appears Mrs. Oats wants to ,ake Ava a pot-a-to sahoup potion." He said, and I facepalmed. Hard. "That not how you pronounce it. And let me see the book so I can get the stuff for Ava!" I said, whenever Ava was sick, my protective instincts kicked in and I was short tempered, and inpatient when it came to her getting better.

He still didn't pay me any mind, so he walked over to a sign advertising potatoes, and I prayed he didn't pick up the sign. "Fascinating, it seems humans have a way of organizing products using letters." Said Rhys, and I kicked a stand in frustration. Leif saw my obvious annoyance and put a hand on my shoulder and spoke up. "Rhys, you forget we have a human, just let her get the ingredients for the potion. Besides the fact your ignoring her is obviously bothering her." He said, and I smiled at him, before Rhys turned to me and I straight up yanked the book out of his hands.

"Rhys, just let me get the stuff, and I'll answer any questions you have about it ok? Ok." I said, and they where surprised by my agitated behavior. "Alex, is something wrong? Your not usually this... tempered." Said Leif, and I shook my head. "Whenever Ava is sick, I get protective and impatient, so sorry if I act a bit off, I just want her to get better." I said, and they nodded.

After 5 minutes of getting some ingredients, I saw Asch roll by in a cart, Leif following behind. What- you know what no. Not gonna question it. J thought, and grabbed some onions.

When I got all of the ingredients, I found Leif and we went to find the others before checking out.

"Ugh, why is this human so slow?!" Complained Asch, and I smacked the back of his head

"Ugh, why is this human so slow?!" Complained Asch, and I smacked the back of his head. "Look, I don't get payed enough to go fast, so shut up." Said the cashier, and I laughed at her sass. When she finished, Asch threw the money at her,and she wasn't even phased. Wow, what happened to this girl? I wondered, and we headed outside. When we where outside, Asch commented about how Ava was already dead. "No way! If Ava was dead, Mrs. Oats would have sent me a message." I said, holding up my phone, and, of by some cruel instance of fate, my phone lit up. Shit.

Looking at my phone, I sighed in relief. "Its Mrs. Oats. Ava woke up." I said, and Leif rushed over to a car and tore off the door. What didn't I hear?! When Asch pulled me into the car, I hid my face as they struggled to turn it on. "Human! Make it work!" Said Asch, and I stared at him. "No. You aren't even allowed to take someone else's car, it illegal and if we get caught we'll go to prison, they will figure out your not human, and you'll be taken to area 51, where they will probably kill one of you, just to cut you open and see what gives you magic. They wouldn't care about your mission, they would only care about the fact you weren't human, and you'd die because of it." I said, anger shining in my voice.

While most of them stared at me in shock and fear, Asch had tuned o  the car and started to drive it, only to crash five seconds later. He said something about daemos methods of travel, and Leif pulled into him, before phasing to the apartment. The others flew into the window, and Mrs. Oats turned to and looked at us in surprise. "Oh well aren't you lot quiet." And Rhys said, "We uh, didn't want to disturb Ava." Said Rhys, and she said, "Oh you don't have to worry about that! Ava woke up a while ago-" she said, and I set the stuff down and bolted to my sister's room, and jumped on her bed, hugging her.

"Avie! You woke up! How are you feeling?" I asked, nuzzling her cheek, and the daemos came in. "Great, so you guys weren't a fever dream." She said, and Noi popped out, "No! I keep telling her that." He said, and Asch yelled. "Why didn't you get better after one sunrise?" And we looked at him, our arms linked in sisterhood! "Humans take longer to heal. Your an idiot by the way." I said, resisting the urge to flip him off, I didn't want to see innocent little Noi do it.

"Why do you care?" Asked Ava, and Asch blushed slightly. "I don't! I just need you not to die yet." He said, and when Ava coughed he yelled if she was ok, earning plenty of curious looks.