Chapter 31

The next morning I woke up with Leif beside me, playing with my hair. "Hi Leif." I said with a giggle when his fingers brushed my spine. "Hi love." He replied, calm and quiet for once. When I sat up, I saw the ring he gave me last night. I didn't want Ava to see just yet, So I took a thin chain from my drawer, and slipped the ring around it, then put the chain on like a necklace. Slipping it under my shirt and looking in the mirror, it was difficult to tell there was a chain, and impossible to guess what was on the chain.

"What are you doing?" He asked me, and I smiled. "Well, I wanna surprise Ava, you know? Plus, imagine the look Asch'll have when he finds out." I said, and he smirked. "I can imagine better things than the prince's face right now." He said, getting up, and moving behind me. "Oh, like what?" I said, smirking to match Leif. "Like you wearing that dress from yesterday, or better yet, chasing a little daemos around." He said, issuing a blush from me. Hehe, if that's how you wanna play.

Turning on my heel, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss, he seemed shocked at first, then kissed back, his arms around my waist. Pulling away after a minute, I stood on my toes and whispered in his ear, "Maybe we can work on that later?~" I said, and when he blushed, I giggled again and went over to my closet, picking out a tee shirt and leggings, just to tease Leif, I made the tee shirt a bit tight around me.

"So... do you want to go on a date?" He asked me, and I nodded. "Sure, get your clothes on and let's go." I said, combing my hair. When he phased away, I slipped the ring back out and looked at it. The gem caught the light and I felt a surge of slight shock. Leif asked me to marry him. I am gonna get married! Laughing, I brushed a few tears from my eyes. I'm not a very sentimental girl, but I adore Leif, and now....

Shaking my head, I smiled and started thinking of a wedding. Ava will be my maid of honor, of course, and maybe Marlene can be the flower girl, and, wait do I have to explain how wedding on earth work to Leif? Ah, whatever, we can figure it out later. I thought, and I smiled at the ring one last time, before slipping it back under my tee shirt.