Chapter 30

The next day, I was working on a outfit for my website, when I heard Asch yelling. It sounded like he was at the door. Uh oh. I thought, and went out to see Marlene running away!

"Shit! Asch what did you do!?" I yelled, running after Marlene.

When I got to Mrs. Oats' apartment, I rushed to explain what Marlene saw. "Oh, Alex dearie! Marlene says there was a demon in your apartmemt." Said Mrs. Oats, winking.

"Yeah, we where trying on costumes for Halloween, and Marlene caught asch at a bad time." I lied. Why am I so good at lying?

"Alex, can you and Ava watch Marlene today? I tried to pick her up, but I hurt my back while doing so. I would pay you." She said, and I nodded. " Yeah, I just need to go kid proof some stuff." I said, thinking of the knife blocks, outlets, and... daemos. Shit.

When Mrs. Oats nodded, I turned and rushed to the apartment. When I got there, I told the daemos to put their human clothes on. "Why?" Asked Noi, and I started to kid proof things. "Mrs. Oats' grand daughter is coming over, and she saw Asch. Said I would watch her since Mrs. Oats isn't feeling well, she tried to pick up Marlene." I explained, and they got their human clothes on.

When Marlene arrived, she dropped a bomb. She knew that the horns where real. Again I say, shit! "I also know you want to marry the girls, but Ava and Alex are my favorite babysitters, so I'm gonna challenge you guys to see who deserves them, if any." Said Marlene, and I pulled her off the table she jumped on. "Uh, Marlene, hate to burst your bubble, but I am already dating Leif." I said, and she shrugged. "Still gonna challenge them." She said, and turned to them. "Winners get to marry Alex and Ava!" She yelled, and started challenging them on making hot chocolate, piggyback rides, and ponies for some reason. I was very confused, but at the end she pushed us into Avas room, and I gave Ava a dress I made a while ago.

Liked the designs, they where our styles

Liked the designs, they where our styles. Avas dress was simple, but elegant, with a pale pink skirt and stars, and mine was purple at the bottom, and shorter than Avas, reaching my knees while Avas reached her ankles, and mine had sombre and off the shoulder sleeves.

When the guys was us in our dresses, they blushed, and Ava announced the winners. "Noi and Leif!" She yelled, and the guys yelled out, before falling asleep.

Going back to my room, I looked in a floor length mirror, and I have to admit I looked nice. Looking in the mirror, I saw Leif behind me. "Since I won, can I marry you?" He asked, and I felt him press something into my hand. Looking down, I saw... a ring. It was rose gold with a small, teal gem on it. Gasping, I turned to him. "A-are you serious?" I asked him, and he nodded, his head on my shoulder.

"Is that a yes?" He asked, When I slipped the ring on. "It is a yes, Leif. I can't believe it!" I said, and he smiled, that stupid, cute, shark toothed smile.