Chapter 34

Ava let the balloon go, and I watched it float until of got in front of the sun and hurt my eyes, then turned back to Ava explaining, or trying to explain, boyfriend and girlfriend relationships. "Ok, my turn. Ava, unless you count the one day with Noi, you've never had a boyfriend." I said, pushing my sister gently to the side. "Oh, and you have?" She asked, her hands on her hips. Giving her a plain look, I pointed to Leif, who smiled at Ava.

"Your dating him? I never though physco- I mean erm, unique was your type." She said, looking between Leif and I. "Sis, I can write a essay about how much you either don't notice, or choose to ignore." I said, and she chose to ignore that. Whatever, I thought, and explained a boyfriend.

"So, a boyfriend or girlfriend is the status you need to achieve before marriage. In your terms, it'd be close to courting, As I'm sure you've priced together, I am essentially courting Leif. A good way for the rest of you to get Ava's "attention"-" I turned to see my sister looking at a giant pumpkin, "-would to win her a stuffed animal. To win a stuffy, you use the tickets Ava gave you to play games, and if you win, you get a stuffed animal. Keep in mind, they are fabric and cotton, they weren't ever alive so don't think they where. The reason is, boyfriends and girlfriend give each other stuffed animals, or other trinkets as a sign of affection." I said, and they seemed to understand.

Then things spiraled. Rhys saw a sign saying how many tickets they need to play, and they all ran in separate directions. Damnit!