CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT: CAN'T RESIST

•   •   •

WARNING: SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·
•HAZEL•

"...fifty-six...fifty-seven......fifty-eight....fifty-nine..."

"Twelve 'o'clock," I muttered, my eyes turning away from the clock beside my desk.

I laid back in bed, raising my eyes to the entrance of my bedroom. I was silent from the outside but in my mind, I was counting the seconds starting from sixty until the very last number...and there she was.

She was right on time, just like the last few days. And in she came, right after the clock had stuck a minute past one.

'Hello, Madam!" As usual, she greeted me, followed by a warm smile. I returned a smile to her and quickly sat up in bed while she turned around to close my door.

"So, how has your day gone so far?" Was the first question asked once the door was shut. The smile was still plastered on her face as she began to make her way over to my bed while carrying a tray of food that was impossible to not notice.

"Not good. At the moment, I'm very bored and have no idea what fun stuff I could do," I exhaled, saying. And I certainly wasn't lying.

After I was sent back to my bed by Mr. Mafia, I sat down and patiently waited for the charger of my phone to be brought to me. Unfortunately, my patience soon ran out once a couple of hours had passed and Mr. Mafia was yet to leave the sofa with my charger.

So for the past hours, I have been counting time...to past time...

"Oh, well that's not good." She started, placing the tray down on the table beside my bed. "I mean, there should be at least one thing you could do around here..."

And I agreed, however, I couldn't find anything...not even one.

I exhaled, letting my back rest on my bed head. "Yeah, I know but I couldn't find anything to do..."

She looks at me after I say this, A frown forming on her face for a second. "The tv, what about the tv? You could watch a few movies on it" She suggested before turning her focus back to the tray of food and I exhaled for the third time.

Yeah, the tv. Well, I wish I could but sadly, I couldn't for Mr. Mafia had taken the remote with him and up until this moment, I did not know his reasons but I did take a little guess and thought that he may have done that so he could focus on his work without a single distraction.

"I can't..." I answered to her suggestion.

The frown had returned to her face but soon vanished once she realized what my words meant. It only took her seconds to understand that Mr. Mafia had a part in this and to realize that there was nothing she could do to help.