CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR: THEY'RE DEAD

• • •

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · · •HAZEL•

HAZEL

"Get back onto the bed" He whispered.

His voice was barely audible yet sounded so serious and that was enough to make me listen.

As he pulled away, I sprang up and as quickly as I could, crawled my way back onto the bed.

My hands automatically went to shield my nakedness as I sat there while confusion soon filled my mind and he soon turned his back and began walking towards the other side of the room.

The last thing I could remember was preparing Bianca's lunch in the kitchen so I'm a little confused as to why I was now completely naked, in my room, with his presence here.

What happened?

....unless...

I froze for a minute.

I was a little shocked by the thought that came suddenly to my mind.

No...

I shook my head in doubt. I refused to believe 'it' happened.

.I...I mean from how I am being treated and the way he's spoken before, he does seem like a person that would do that...but---

"Here" A voice popped out of nowhere.

I immediately shot my head upwards, my eyes averting to the man that was once again standing before me however, this time...his hands were stretched out towards me and in it held a neatly folded duvet.

I averted my eyes back to him, a little surprised at his actions since I was expecting this, however, I did not waste any time because I quickly took it from his hands before throwing it over myself.

And I could finally be relieved as my nakedness was now covered under the duvet.

I silently exhaled, slowly raising my head to meet him.

"Thank you" I mattered to him just before memories came rushing into my head.
It was just like that night when I thanked him after he prepared dinner for my starving self.

My Mariano looks down at me and frowns.

For what? I don't know but I felt so relieved that I said that because I think that that was the reason that he, only seconds later, turned towards the exit of my room.