CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT: HUGS

· ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·

"F'ck!" Rasheed swears as the ball flies through the air before landing on the perfectly trimmed grass, rolling and rolling until it comes to a stop just a few inches from the golf hole.

Upon seeing this, he clenched his jaw and turned to Stephan. From behind that cold face, it was quite clear that he was terrified at the possibility of Mr. Mafia winning.

"Go on," he says to Stephan, his eyes fixed on him with a serious gaze, one that made the hairs of my arm stand up out of fear. We were now in the final part of the game and soon enough someone would be crowned the winner, which was quite nerve wracking to think about because it was either him or us.

Because of this, I was quite nervous, hoping that we could win for I had no idea what exactly would happen if we lost, and truthfully, I wouldn't want to find out.

I exhaled, my gaze following Mr. Mariano as he walked over to where he was supposed to be standing, his face expressionless.

Taking some deep breaths, I watched in anticipation as he placed the golf ball down before doing some calculations in his head...

and then it happened....he hit the ball...

Through the air it flew, over the small pond ahead of us, and landed on the grass. However, it did not stop there, but continued to roll... until it...

...stopped just a few feet away from the golf hole...

And that was it ladies and gentlemen!

We had lost!

I could feel myself sweating as my gaze shifted to Rasheed, whose face had brightened into a smile. It was very evident that he was pleased, for it was very clear that on his next attempt, it would be simple for him to hit the ball into the hole and win since it had LITERALLY stopped just an inch from falling in.

I couldn't believe this! It was over for us!—

"Hazel..." And then a familiar voice suddenly interrupted my thought, immediately drawing my attention.

Quickly, I turned my head in the direction where the voice was coming from, knowing beforehand that it belonged to Mr. Mafia and I could feel my body sink in fear as my gaze met his and saw that his face still bore that cold expression from just a moment ago...

Perhaps it was time to leave now? I thought as my feet quickly made their way over towards where he stood. My face appeared as if I was about to face terror, my eyes wide and fingers fidgeting with themselves. It was simply visible that I was nervous for I anticipated what would happen between the two of them—

"Here," He suddenly spoke, drawing my eyes back to him. I raised my head to meet his face and for a split second, taken aback. 'M—me?' but...I... I thought the game was over...