CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: TERRIFED

• • •

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · · •HAZEL•

•HAZEL•

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking a few times to get them to adjust to the bright morning sunlight that shone through the glass window and into our room.

A frown soon made its way onto my face when I looked and saw that the room was empty. So rising to my feet, I got up and left the bedroom.

I walked down the hall and the grand staircase before making my way towards the kitchen.

I stopped at the entrance, the frown returning to my face when I saw that it was empty.

"Where is everyone?" I thought while my eyes searched the room but still found no one and it was not long after that I decided to try looking in the living room.

So I made my way to the living room, in hopes that someone would at least be in there...and thankfully, someone was there since a familiar voice met my ears as I got closer to the kitchen....however, it was not the voice I was expecting to hear.

I quickly halted when I recognized the voice that I heard just seconds ago.

No...I-it can't be...

I could feel my heart racing against my chest as the thought of running away came to mind but I was curious as who it was...and so, curiosity got the best of me and I just had to take a look to see if it was the person that I thought it was.

So I closed my eye for a second, taking a deep breath and when I reopened them, I wasted no time for I quickly poked my head inside and took a quick look...

But that was a bad idea...a very bad idea...for as soon as my eyes came in contact with the person, a loud gasp left my mouth and my eyes went wide.

I froze for a minute. My eyes were now stuck to him as he spoke to Mr. Mafia but they both glanced my way after they heard my gasp and I knew then and there that I was in big, big, BIG trouble!

...And then they started to make their way towards me!

I wanted to be run but...I didn't move, I couldn't. No matter how much I tried to make a run for it, I just couldn't.

All I did instead was froze up in shock. I could feel tears suddenly gathering in my eyes as I stared at the man walking beside Mr. Mafia.

The man that made my life a living hell...

The man that...took everything from me.