CHAPTER FORTY-TWO: RESPONSIBILITIES

• • •

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━•••STEPHAN•

••━━━ •• •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

"Yes....I'll do it" I repeated.

Linda exhales in relief as the word she was hoping I would say, leave my mouth.

She takes a deep breath, her eyes staring away to my wife before returning to me. "Thank you so much, Mr. Mariano. I'm positive that with your help, your wife will get better soon" She says, sending me a smile.

I said nothing in response but instead, nodded my head.

The place soon returned to silence as she looked away from me again. Her eyes returned to hazel.

A sigh left her lips as she walked towards her. She did not look too happy after taking her temperature again.

"She still has a high fever but a lot of rest and staying cool will very much help lower her fever," she says. She turns to a bowl filled with water.

"By placing a cold cloth on her forehead..." she began, placing her hands in the bowl of water. She pulls out a cloth and squeezed it dry before turning to Hazel again.

"It will keep her cool and will most likely help with lowering her fever," She explains, placing the cloth on Hazel's forehead and for the third time, she turns to face me again.

"If she wakes up by the morning, then let her take not a cold bath but rather a bath where the water is room temperature. Taking a cold bath will most likely cause shivering and may increase body temperature.

However, if she's still asleep, then it would be best if she's given a sponge bath with room temperature water." She pauses, turns around to face one of the drawers and my eyes watch as she pulls out a few bottles of pills.

"Make sure she takes her pills as instructed by the doctor. The instructions are written on the front of the bottles so it should not be difficult to know which one she should take." She says before turning to the drawer again. "I will put them in here."

And with her final explanation, she shuts the drawer before turning to face me again. "Well it is getting late and I believe I've explained everything you needed to know. If you do need help, you can call me and don't worry, I will still personally check on madame"

I nodded my head at her words. Now seeing that she had done her part of explaining and there was nothing else to know, I dismissed her. "Then you can leave," I say.