CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: DINNER

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·
•HAZEL•

"Come on, hurry up!" shouted Deborah and I quickly apologized before getting back to work.

I was not too long ago trying to take a break for just a few minutes since I've been on my feet since morning and I'm so tired, However, it seems like that's a crime because Deborah quickly came over to me and threatened to punish me if I didn't get back to work.

This time I did not try to ask for any additional minutes or anything and just went right back to work for I was afraid of what the punishment might be...

So now I'm currently heading back to the kitchen to clean up.

After Bianca had ordered for me to take my disgusting food away, I had to cook again and this time prepared some pasta again since that seems to be my only cooking she was pleased with so far.

I haven't too long done serving her and now have to continue with my work, which is to clean the kitchen then sweep and mop the floor...again.

And honestly, this was becoming too much. I did not want to mention anything to them but this, this was becoming just too much.

I've been assigned to do so much work that it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to feel that the reason behind all of this is because they all hate me.

For what reasons?

I don't know but I was certain that I was not liked by them at all, Not even by Linda.

I have seen her a few times ever since I've started out as one of the servants of Mr. Mafia and she would mostly look away after our eyes would connect or if that doesn't happen then she would leave instead...

And this has made me think so much about all of this because I seriously don't know what I have done to be hated and ignored like this...

"Hazel!!!" I was soon pulled out of my thoughts by the voice of Deboard, coming from down the hall.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and straightened up myself before answering her to the endless calls of my name. "Yes, madame?"

Yes, I have to address her madame as well for it was made a rule to be followed by all that work here.

I made sure my voice was loud enough for her to hear and remained in my position while the sound of her shoes, hitting against the floor, could be heard louder by every passing second which told me that she was almost here.

And there she stood, minutes later, at the entrance of the kitchen. She sends me a glare before folding her Arms.

"Why are you so difficult to work with? Can you not follow rules?!" She began by throwing two questions at me in a very loud, angered toned, voice.

A frown crept onto my face as my brain tired to register the words that was spoken by her, however, I did not understand.

What was she talking about?

"I...I'm sorry madame but I don't understand-ah!" I was cut off by a hand abruptly connecting to my face.

There was a sudden stung of pain that caused many winces to leave my lips. The sudden slap had caused me to stumbled back a bit, tears now pricking my eyes.