CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: AND THEN HE...

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·
•HAZEL•

I yawned, slowly opening my eyes to look around my surroundings and once my eyes were adjusted to the lighting of the room, I removed the covers and stood to my feet.

It was the next day.

After the 'thing' that happened between Mr. Mafia and me, last night, he stormed off into the bathroom and slammed the door behind him.

It was already late and I was very tired so, seeing no need to wait for him, I let the thought of changing my clothes disappear to the back of my head as I rose to my feet and tied my hair.

Once it was up into a bun, I decided to sleep on the bed after thinking about it for a while since I would not like it if he returns and continue with his tricks of seducing me.

Sleeping on the bed, knowing that he might return, was something that I thought was very dangerous since he might join me and
anything can happen, however, when I thought about his parent entering our room and seeing us sleeping separately, I knew that would not look good at all. So I had decided to sleep on the bed.

Thankfully though, we didn't share the same bed for I don't remember hearing or seeing him leave the bathroom at any time, so I guess he either slept in there or somewhere else and I was very thankful for that.

I was really trying to avoid him behind the backs of his parents and after what he did last night, I don't even want to see nor be around him anymore but of course, that was impossible to do since we were at his parent's house and even if we were not, my freedom away from him never seem to last for long...

I...just hope that I can grant him what we agreed to...very soon and then I would finally be free...

A sudden smile appeared on my lips at the thought of freedom...

"I can't wait..." I whispered to myself as I began to make my way towards the window that had suddenly caught my attention.

It was just past 8 in the morning and the day was already as beautiful as ever...

The scenery that was separated from me by the glass of the triangular-shaped window, was something that grabbed my attention and I just couldn't look away.

I had not seen the outside for a long while now...but lately, I've had a little peek at it since I was brought along on this trip.

I...have always loved looking out the window when I was younger..especially when I was almost ten in the morning and...and mom and dad haven't returned from work yet...

They would usually work until very late in the night and since it is very dangerous to drive late in the night, especially when you're very tired, they would usually sleep at the company...for their safety.

I...I really did hate it when they would work so late though because then I would be stuck with another babysitter...but I wanted my parents to be safe, so I understood...

I didn't want them to die and leave me all alone...

I had no one else...

My...mom was the black sheep of her family and...because she had different dreams from theirs and chose to be in control of what she wanted, they kicked her out and warned her to never return...