CHAPTER SIXTY: WORRIED

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·

Someone once said, "Treat others the way they treat you"

Someone once said, "Treat others the way they treat you". A well-known quote that I wholeheartedly agree with, for I have personally been through hell and back and, to this day, have continued to live solely above the mouth of those dreadful gates, awaiting the fall of it's next victims.

Oh, how much joy it would bring me if I had the chance to repay everyone that had wronged me. Oh, how satisfied I would be to see karma at its work, repaying them double the fold, hearing their agonizing wails as they are tormented for their many sins.

Oh, what a day that would be.

Mercy would never be shown to them as their pleas for help echoed through the empty and dark room, and how joyful my heart would be as my eyes gaze upon the faces of my enemies, small and great.

The ones that had ruthlessly murdered my parents, that had forcefully taken me away for their own selfish desires, the ones that had refused to grant my screams for mercy. All of them, small and great.

...But...as I stood in the room of my husband, the very man I despised, my gaze had remained fixed upon his wound, which continued to bleed thick, red liquid, and to my surprise, that very quote from earlier had so suddenly sunk to the back of my memories...

For the first time, the rage that had lived within me from the time I was taken away, had subsided.

'What was happening to me?' Wondered my confused head.

For a moment, confusion had clouded my mind and for a quick second as I could only wonder of these strange things. But then... and all of a sudden, my mind had returned to reality, and what followed was an action of mine that I had never thought I would ever do.

A loud gasp had escaped my lips as my body came unfroze, and without giving anything a good thought, my legs stood up and I found myself sprinting towards him....

The very same man I had never liked, the very same man that had mistreated me and had caused my tears to fall countless times. Yes, that very same man had caused my feet to stand up and rush towards him.

That very same man...I...had now worried for.

"Oh, my God!" I thought as I now stood before him. Gripped with fear, my now trembling hands could only hold onto his arm as they ushered him to sit on his bed and without any words exchanged between us, my legs retreated and began running towards the entrance of the bathroom.

Scatterbrained, was what I would define myself as I was now overcome with panic...despite the fact that I was not the one injured in any way...at all...

As I entered the bathroom, my eyes wandered off, followed by my feet, which carried me and brought me before one of the cupboards where the clean-folded towels were stored.