CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE: INNOCENT

· ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·

‼️WARNING: THIS CAHPTER IS FILLED WITH SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT‼️

[The Previous Day]

It was now afternoon, and we had only returned from the meeting a few minutes before. I found myslef to be tired as I entered our room so I decided to stay in and rest a little...

Exhaling, I sat on my bed as Hazel made her way over to the couch. Pulling out my phone, I double-checked a few of my future projects as I needed to ensure that everything was in order for my next meeting with Mr. Sanchez, which would unfortunately be his last.

As an exhausting sigh could be heard coming from the other side of the room, the side of my eyes watched as my wife plopped down on the couch while I sent out a few messages to check up on my plan. I removed my shoes, resting my feet on the bed as she, on the other hand, had laid down, pulling the blanket over her body.

My orders were finalized seconds later, and once completed, I placed my phone away for good as I did not want to be overly consumed with work today.

Now laying in bed, I shifted my attention away from Hazel and toward the wound hidden beneath my button-up shirt. As I prepared to sleep, I closed my eyes, and my thoughts began to wander.

Falling asleep was difficult for me because I would usually have nightmares about the many lives I had taken...but I was used to it by now since it's been a few years since I had freaked out over trivial things like this.

It took alot of strength to overcome such dreams, but I often reminded myself that the lives I've taken were never innocent to begin with. They f*cked up and received the punishment that everyone in this business knew about: death.

We have a saying in the mafia world that goes, 'An eye for an eye,' and these words are taken very seriously. So they were aware of what they were getting into when they decided to join this type of business.

The crazy thing is that I remember the days when I first started out and was under the training of my father. Back then it was very difficult for me to take a life because of the fear of the never-ending nightmares that plagued my mind at night, but after you're let go and on your own, you begin to realize that if you don't kill, they will....and they'll start with you.

And so, you begin to master the courgae in order to do whatever it takes to stay at the top. You start to realize the tough truth. Reality.

There's no crying in this business, even if it's the mourning of your loved ones, and there's certainly no time to be fearful because everyday is not another day to live but to face death. To conqure.

Being at the top necessitates a lot of effort. It's many responsibilities and injuries that'll be weighed on you every f*cking day your heart beats. And, at the end of the day, you must fight to survive.