CHAPTER THREE: SCARED

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

"Take her to one of my rooms," I ordered after letting go of her chin and send a warning look to Butler Barkley.

"Yes, Mr. Mariano" He answers and my gaze was stuck to the young girl's back as she follows closely behind.

Once their footsteps had disappeared down the hall, I chose to relax, since the air was a little uncomfortable a few second ago.

The problem was that I'm stressed out over the fact that I have wasted my money over a girl who has less of a worth than I bought her for.

My mind could only flashback the sad event that took place only a couple of hours ago.

FLASH BACK...

It was the next day when I returned to the club and just as I expected, My brother was already there, waiting for me.

Upon seeing me he chuckles, standing to his feet. "Come on, follow me" and I followed him to the back of the club.

Knowing Ian pretty well, I was expecting to see a whole bunch of girls waiting for me. It wasn't something I wanted, at least not at the moment because I still have work to do but I won't mind at all.

But surprisingly, the only girls that were there were females dressed in their work attire.

A frown came upon my face as he walks towards a door and entered through it and I followed after him. I was immensely met with a huge room, similar to a theater, and it was filled with people.

I immediately recognized this place.

An auction? Why would he bring me here?

"And why did you bring me here?" I turned to Ian, who still had that mischievous smile on his face.

"How do you feel about spending a few bucks?" He asked, pointing his head towards the stage, where a woman was tied and blindfolded to a chair.

I clenched my fist when I realized what he was doing.

"Don't play with me" The smile on his face only got wider when he saw that I had finally caught on to what he was doing.

He wants me to buy someone.

Ian knows very well that I have never done this before not because I can't, I just don't want to.

I found it really foolish to waste millions of dollars to purchase someone and he knows very well that I always spend my money wisely.

"No, I'm not, Stephan. Now come along, the auction starts in a couple of minutes" he grabs my arms but I didn't move.

"I am not going to do this Ian"

And he laughs at my words. "Yes, you are Stephan because I dare you to. Now come along"

And I refused again but it was soon when Ian spoke saying he would jump back into the competition by finding a wife and finally getting to own the business of our father, that I give in.