CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX: HIS EYES...

· ──── ·𖥸· ──── · 

"Madame, Mr. Mariano has arrived," The voice of Madame Louise can be heard just outside the bathroom door.

I was just fitted into the expensive outfit that Mr. Mariano had purchased when she made that announcement and so hearing her words made me panic for I had yet to let down the curls of my hair and as well, apply make up. And so, with much work yet to be done, I hurriedly approach the mirror.

"I'm coming!" I yelled as I lifted both of my hands and brought them to my head. Using my fingers, I quickly ran them through my hair, letting my long and wavy curls fall to my shoulders.

As my hair was now to my side and looked rather presentable, my eyes averted from the mirror and towards the bathroom cabinet, my hands stretched forwards, reaching into the drawer.

Time was not so much on my side and so, pulling out a tube of watermelon scented lip gloss, I hurriedly applied some onto my chapped lips before applying soft pink blush to my cheeks.

And yes I know, I was wearing very little makeup, however and fortunately, there was no need for it for my lashes were naturally long and so, they didn't require mascara, my eyebrows were full and well shaped thanks to some youtube tutorials that I had watched the other day and my skin had recovered from all the little cuts and bruises and fortunately, had become clear and smooth.

So I decided that there was no need for a full face of makeup any longer; after all, I was already running late and so applying more makeup would only delay me longer...and well, we all know that Mr. Mafia is not a man of much patience...

Closing the cabinet, I exhaled as I made my way towards the door of the bathroom.

As I entered the bedroom, my eyes quickly wandered the place in search of him for I was finally done and ready to go; however,...there was no one here...and when I had seen that the room was empty, It was only then that I realized that he had already...left.

The thought of that made my face fall and become sad. I tried blinking a few times as tears suddenly began to cloud my vision, and I mean, I was not even mad at him...after all, it was entirely my fault.

I—I should have finished sooner......and I would have...if it was not for the dress that took me a while to slip on. But I was truly looking forward to seeing the outside world after such a long time and I...I just blew it!—

"There you are," Madame Louise said abruptly, the suddenness of her voice startling me. She was standing at the entrance to the bedroom door, carrying a broom in her hands.

"Now hurry up." She says as she enters the room. "I'm afraid he might be gone before you get there." She quickly added after noticing that I was just standing there.