CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: COMFORT

AS YOU READ ALONG, I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD COMMENT WHERE THE ERRORS ARE LOCATED! There will be a little surprise for the one that helped😁💕

• • •

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━•• •STEPHAN•

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

And It was almost like she was trying to hide from me...as if she was terrified of me...And I felt satisfied with her actions.

Good. At least I now know that she is afraid of me and now that she is, I'm hoping that in the future she will be very cautious with her actions.

She now knows that I do not accept disrespect from anyone and for that, there will be consequences.

I smirk inwardly, finally shifting my gaze from her. I turned towards the white door that leads to the outside of the room and had only gotten to take a step before the voice of my mother was heard, stopping me from taking any further steps.

"Where are you going?" She asked in a quiet voice, causing me to abruptly stop.

I exhaled through my nose, closing my eyes for a second before reopening them, however, there was not a word that left my lips.

There was nothing that I could've said because I know that mother would become a little suspicious of our relationship if I told her the truth, that I was leaving.

It is known by many that I am nowhere close to being a gentle person, however, when it comes to my parents and people that I'm close with, I can sometimes be soft...but it's very rare to see me that way...

But since she is my wife, it is expected by my parents and others that she is one of the very little people that I would be gentle too. So saying that I was leaving would make it suspicious because we are a couple...married couple, and what do couples do?

They take care of each other, not leave them to be all by themselves in times when they aren't well.

So, I had to really think for a second as I tried to put some words together to come up with a lie that mother would hopefully believe.

And after a few seconds of silence, I silently exhale as I finally came up with an answer.

"I'm...just shutting the door. She looked very tired earlier so I think it would be better for her to sleep without any distractions" I answered, my back still facing her and she hummed to my response, which told me that my lie was believable.

Seeing that she believed my lies, I felt a sigh of relief came over me and I quickly made my way over to the door and closed it shut before returning to the front of the bed.