CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: I'LL DO IT

• • •

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━•• •STEPHAN•

••━━━ •• •• ━━━••
STEPHAN

"You called, Mr. Mariano?" Butler Barkley said as he entered my office. He shut the door behind him and made his way towards my desk.

It has only been a day after everything had taken place and I was certainly not in a good mood, however, after the return of Butler Barkley, I've become less furious and seem to relax a little more.

Butler Barkly had quickly returned once he learned about everything that took place during his absence.

"Take these to Mr. Lefebvre," I instructed, lifting a stack of papers from my desk, "Tell him I want them all sorted out by the next hour," I instructed, handing him the stack of papers. They were business contracts that I found to be very important.

He quickly collects them from my hands before nodding his head. "Yes, sir," he answers.

"You can leave now" I dismissed him. My eye averted back to another stack of paper that was neatly laid onto my desk as Butler Barkley nodded for the final time before walking towards the exit.

As he disappeared through the door, I wasted no time to resume back to my work but...for some reason I...just couldn't.

The thought of my wife soon entering my head. My mind suddenly went to her health and out of nowhere, I...began wondering if she was okay...

What the f'ck is wrong with me?

I exhale, pinching the bridge of my nose as I leaned back in my chair.

For the next couple of minutes, I tried to clear my mind and return my focus to my work, and thankfully it worked. It only took me a minute or two before my mind was cleared and very soon, I resumed my work.

I had forgotten about her.

It was now the evening and I was finishing up a few papers that were not completed.

Today work was not as good as the previous days and it's all because I could not focus as I normally do.

At first, the thought of that woman just kept entering my mind, making it very difficult to focus on what I was doing however, I got very tired of it and in the end, I somehow found a way to focus again.