CHAPTER SIX: AGREEMENT

••━━━ •• ❖ •• ━━━••
•STEPHAN•

"Marry me" I spoke, breaking the silence, and surprisingly, she did not react as I thought she would.

What I envisioned was her being maybe happy and shock and yes, she did look shocked but it was not the type of shock I was expecting.

She looked horrified as she stared at me with her eyes wide and her mouth to the floor but then again, I should have expected this type of reaction.

After all, it was a proposal out of nowhere and she definitely was not expecting to hear those words that left my lips...not after I painted an image in her head as to who she was to me.

And it is true, I was planning on turning her into one of my toys, to play with but unfortunately, I had to flush those thoughts of mine down the drain because she is needed for better reasons.

It all began when my father called a meeting between my brother and I and we were given a couple of months to find a bride and the agreement was that whosoever shall marry first and give birth to a child, that person would inherit his father's business.

Now, as it is already known, Ian had decided to drop out which makes it a lot easier for me to inherit his business. My mission was simple, All I had to do was find a bride and give birth to a child as soon as possible and then I shall be announced as the new CEO of my father's business...but sadly, it was not as simple as I thought.

Several dates were arranged for me by Butler Barkley and I did find those women to be very attractive. They were both beautiful and wealthy, however, Love was not what they were in search of. It was rather money, to become even richer than they were...and I have to admit, I was not looking for love too but I hate women that are money hungry gold diggers and as I mentioned before, I am a man that spends his money wisely.

So I knew that I would be spending a fortune if I did decide to tie the knot with these types of women and so I left and that was the end of my search for a bride.

There were just too many gold diggers that I encountered and I became weary of seeing that all of their intentions were the same. So I had come to a decision that I would take a break from blind dates for now and I went on to focus more on my business and signing contracts with many well-known companies.

Sadly, I was so much focused on expanding my business that it was not too long before I completely forgot about finding a bride.

Now, I had just returned from one of my business meeting with Donatello Russo, a very well know Mafia boss, who is known for having one of the successful business in importing and exporting of goods and went to bed that night.

Bright and early the next day, I had decided to eat breakfast from home before heading to work and so, I sat down at the dining table while my servants prepared Breakfast for me.

It was not too long after that my mind suddenly thought of the girl that I wasted millions of dollars on and it did not take long either for her to vanish to the back of my mind...but I soon thought of her again when I remembered the strict ordered I instructed Butler Barkley to do and that was not to let her out of the room she was in.

Thinking that it had been a week since she had left that room of hers, I had decided to let her have breakfast with me this morning...just so she can leave the room a little. So I called for one of my servants Linda and ordered for her to be brought to me.