CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: HOME

• • •

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · · •HAZEL•

•HAZEL•

"Go...don't worry about us" Her painful voice whispered.

I was overcome by fear as I stared at their bloody wounds. Her words soon kept echoing in my head and I tried shaking the thought away.

"N-no," I said, the tears from earlier returning to my eyes. I repeatedly shook my head, refusing to leave even after their pleas.

I-I knew that they wanted me to be safe...but I can't leave them here. I have to help...even if it means I die.

"I-I won't leave you here. Just...stay with me, please. The ambulance is on its way" I cried grabbing ahold of both of their hands.

It was a good thing that their wounds weren't that severe. So I was very certain that they would be okay after they are taken to the hospital and treated.

However, I was still afraid that they would not make it, however, all I could hope for at the moment was the arrival of the ambulance.

"No...you can't stay here. It's not...safe. Go!" Father whispered, letting go of my hands once I had spoken that I would not leave but I was determined to stay, To be with them until this is all over.

"Please...Dad, please, let me stay. I don't want to leave...I can't" I pleaded, taking his hands into mine again. "The ambulance is going to be here soon and it's all going to be over. So just let me stay"

Father exhale after my pleas were heard and I found myself relaxing a little after they had both finally give up with their attempts to convince me to leave.

however, I was still worried sick over their life and could only pray that the help we need would soon arrive.

The room was soon engulfed in silence after a while with only the pants and the cries of my parents as we waited with no patience left.

It was taking too long to get here. It has been almost fifteen minutes since I called for help and not a sign of one has shown up as yet...and I'm starting to lose hope...

I-

*CREAK*

There was a sudden creaking sound of the door opening and I quickly snapped my head towards the direction of the door.