Chapter 14 Part 2

Everybody was at the dojo early in the morning not in our usual outfits but in outdoor clothes. Miguel and I saw sensei walking to the dojo and we approached him instantly. "Hey since hey we're sorry about your loss," I said. "Thanks," he said softly. "so how was the funeral" "as good as any funeral can be, so how'd it gone" "great I mean sensei Kreese is tough but he knows what it takes to win," Miguel said. Sensei went to put his things in the back and when he came back he yelled at everybody to get their gis on. Everyone had a look of confusion before we all started approaching sensei. "Yo what's wrong," he asked. "Nothing's wrong but I thought we were going into the forest today for special training," I said. "The woods, what's happening in the woods," sensei asked. "Well I thought it was a good time to separate the men and the boys," he said. Aisha gave him a dirty look before he said "and the girls too I suppose". "Yeah where". "Coyote Creek," Kreese said smiling. Sensei closed his eyes and inhaled sharply. "I'm not sure they're ready for that" Sensei said making Kreese scoff. "There's only one way to find out" "we're ready we want to prove ourselves," Hawk said. "It's up to Sensei Lawrence if he says it's okay then and only then is it okay," Kreese said. since I looked at all of us for a quick second before nodding his head. "Well what are you all waiting for let's go," he said. We are smiled at each other before heading towards the door. We walked outside to see a blue bus waiting for us. I sighed and shook my head. "Man I wish I still had my dirt bike," I said softly. "Hey at least you have your bag with you," Miguel said. I gave him a fake smile before smacking him upside the head. "Ow Carlos" Miguel said making me laugh.

Time-skip-------------------------------------------

We were finally at Coyote Creek and we were in two separate teams. I was on the black squad with my brother while standing across from hawk in the red squad. "Gentleman, ladies welcome to Coyote Creek you've been split into two teams red and black the goal is to capture as many as possible from the other side today the people across from you are not your friends," Kreese said. I looked at Hawk to see he was smiling in my face. "They're not your brothers, they are the enemy the last team standing wins," Kreese said. "how do we get the headbands," I asked  "by any means necessary, no rules," he said. "Use your judgment, this is just a training exercise," Sensei said. "correct but remember this is your life you lose it, you die," Kreese said. A voice called out to us making us all snapping our heads back. We turned around to see Chubs cleanly shaving with his hair slicked back and he had a goatee. "Hey, guys sorry I'm late, traffic on the 118 was a real bitch, I put Coyote Creek in the nav nothing came up," he said. "What have you done to yourself," Sensei asked. "Oh, you know what I just decided to flip the script, Hawk-style. Respect" he said pointing at Hawk. "From now on you can call me Stingray," he said dramatically. "Yeah, ok Chubs," sensei said. I rolled my eyes before shoving him to the other side. "You guys can have him," I said. "Terrific" Kreese said sarcastically.

After they said go everybody left either alone or in groups. I was balancing on the lock board when I saw three reds come out of the bush. They saw me and smiled. "Wolf you're a great fighter we don't want to hurt you or your arm so why don't you just hand over that headband," one of the guys said. "Um, how bout you guys give me your headbands and you all won't get hurt," I said simply. I hopped off the log and the three started to surround me. They all charged at me and I had to lift my leg to avoid a low kick. I blocked a punch and counterpunch him in the throat. I delivered a back-kick to the one that was sneaking up on me. I felt one of them grab me by the shoulder and spin me around. He punched me across the jaw making me stumble a bit. His friend tried to follow up with a kick to the stomach but I sidestepped out of the way and tripped him making him crash to the ground. I dodged a punch and I countered with a slap making everyone freeze. "Did you just slap me?" the guy asked shocked. "Yes I did, weird right," I said before charging at him. I jumped in the air and delivered an elbow across the face knocking him down to the ground. I looked at the two guys on the ground before looking at my final opponent. He looked at his friends before looking back at me. He scurried and took his headband off and stuck his headband out. I just sighed before taking the two headbands off of my opponents that were already on the ground. I walked over to the guy and took his headband out of it his hand. I shook my head and looked at him. "Pussy move bro, pussy move," I said before walking away.