Chapter 9

It was almost Halloween and Miguel and I was in our room practicing our punches. "Harder," I said. He then started hitting my hands harder and faster which brought a smile to my face. "Good," I said. We stopped on the account of grandma telling us that dinner was ready. we were all eating our dinner at the kitchen table and it was quiet not a word was said between any of us. The door then Creek open and our mom came in. "Hi guys it smells good in here" m on said. That Grandma then got up from her seat and started bragging on how excellent she made the food. She said down her things and walked over to us and gave us a kiss on the cheek before taking a seat. "Sorry, I'm late again things are crazy at the hospital," she said. "It's okay it's a good thing we saved you some food," Miguel said. "So did you guys decide on what you two were going as on the Halloween dance," she said. "I thought I was going as Deadpool but the custom cost too much," Miguel said. "Yeah and I was planning to go on as a werewolf but the makeup and stuff cost too much so," I said before biting into my meat. "Well, how much is it guys, "mom asked "we don't have to be Deadpool or a werewolf," Miguel said. "you want a Deadpool costume and you want a werewolf costume we will make you one," she said. Grandma did a fake laugh before saying No, esto no es una maquiladora (No this is not a sweatshop).

I left before I reached out and took a swig of my drink "Carlos what happened to your hand" my mom said in a caring tone. She then grabbed my hand and started caressing my bruised knuckles. "Uh, I-" I said stuttering all over the place. No Quieres saber (you don't want to know) grandma said. "What's that supposed to mean" significa Que Puedo Escuchar a través de la Puerta y Ustedes dos son ruidosos (it means I can hear through the door and you two are loud). I was confused for a second until it clicked in my head which almost made me throw up. "Ew  Nanna we share a room," I said disgustedly.

Time-skip-------------------------------------------

Miguel and I were back at the dojo and Weaver punching dummies again. We had gotten faster stronger punches and felt great. I knew all about fighting from my past days but I never knew about this. "hey you guys wouldn't have happened to have many friends who would want to learn karate you do you do" sensei asked us stopping our training. "What am I talking about you guys don't even have any friends," he said. I just ignored his comment and continued to punch the dummy. Miguel suddenly stopped what he was doing and turn to Sensei Lawrence. "Hey Sensei when are we going to do some kicking I saw this cool YouTube video of this guy breaking boards and it looked badass," Miguel said. "Yeah no shit-kicking is badass but you two aren't ready," he said. Miguel gave a disapproving look and sighed in defeat. "And besides if I don't get any students in here I'm not going to be able to teach you anything," he said. "You thought about advertising right," I asked. He scoffed that my words before he said "Yeah.. obviously". "You didn't think of it did you," I said smiling. "You, shut up and get back to your training," he said before walking into the back room.

Time-skip-------------------------------------------

We were at school and we were all getting lectured about cyberbullying and the dress code for the Halloween dance that was coming up "Cyberbullying is a serious matter, sending someone at a hurtful message online can be just as hurtful as one as real-life" the principal said. I looked around the room to see no one was actually really paying attention. They were too busy on their phones or busy doing other things. "Now I'm not going to say any names. But the other day I had a mother called me because her kid was crying after some people made fun of his facial deformity" she said. All eyes went to Eli automatically which made him nervous and he covered his face. "What the hell are you guys looking at," I said making everyone turn away. "Um excuse me, mister Diaz," the principle said grabbing my attention. "Yeah," I said. "please watch your mouth," she said.

I just nodded in agreement before she continued. "But today our goal here is to make a safe space for all students," she said. "You know if you're sick I'm being bullied my karate dojo can help you get through high school," Miguel said. "Yeah man come on it actually works," I said backing him up. "Yeah right you hear that Eli a little karate training and you're going to kick ass," Dimitri said mockingly. "Well is better than just sitting there taking it," I said. "Yeah and I'm serious Dimitri my karate teachers the real deal me and Carlos are training now and I can get you both discounts," Miguel said. "As enticing as that sounds I think me and you lie here would rather play crucible control then getting hit in the face," Dimitri said. "Oh and one last thing that we're all getting ready for the Halloween dance let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive," she said. You could hear the groans of disagreement coming from some of the girls. "I know but instead of sexy nerd maybe we could try gender-neutral hospital employee," she said. When the bell rang everybody hurried out of the lunchroom to go to their class. but I still have some words to say to my dear principal.

"Mr. Diaz how can I help you," she said with a smile. "Yeah I just came over to give you a word of advice," I said. Her expression was shocked before it went back to normal "Ok shoot," she said. "Next time don't say anonymous and then say something else that leads right back to that person that you're trying to keep anonymous," I said. She had a look of shock. I started walking away but then stopped and turned to her. "Yeah that was unprofessional as hell," I said before walking out of the cafeteria. While I'm walking out of the cafeteria I got a text message. I pulled out my phone to see that the message was from an unknown number. "What the hell"

UNKNOWN: I know who you are

Who the hell is this?

UNKNOWN: You'll find out soon😉

"Well fuck"I said before shoving my phone back into my pocket.