Chapter 9 Part 2

I had a box of donuts and three cups of hot coffee in my right hand when I walked into the backyard of Miyagi-Do. I walked into the back to see Sam and Robbie already stretching and getting in a little warm-up. I smiled before I cleared my throat grabbing their attention. They both sent me a glare before going back to their warm-up. "Guys, okay look I'm sorry, I brought donuts and hot coffee," I said. "we don't need your pity gifts, And what happened to your face," Robby asked. I shrugged before saying "I walked into a wall and maybe you guys could take a video of you two sparring and post it on Instagram" I suggested. "Everybody already saw us at valley fest no one cared Carlos," Sam said. "You know what the problem is Miyagi-Do is all about defense," Robby said.  "defense wins championships"Sam stated. "and that's where you guys fail yeah defense wins championships that's true but people show up for the offense that's why I Cobra Kai is more popular you guys need a show that you guys can fight too," I said. "Should you be really telling us this wouldn't this draw attention away from your dojo?" Sam asked. "Well we're most likely going to draw more attention because of valley fest and our classes are already full to the brim now so drawing away a little tension won't hurt anybody," I said. "What are you supposed us we should do go to the mall and pick a fight record us defending ourselves," she asked. "I mean it's not a bad idea," I said softly. She just gave me a look and laughed. "It's a terrible idea," she said. "Sounds like to me you're looking at the glass half empty," I said.  "Hey, where's your dad so I can give him his coffee," I asked. "I think he's in the back with the cars," Sam said. They stop doing their warm-up They walked me back to find Mr. LaRusso under anise a banana car. "hey Dad getting the banana boat up and running" sam asked. "I'm trying, hey Carlos I was expecting you to stop by today," he said surprised. "Yeah well I felt bad after valley fest so hopefully you'll accept these dunkin' donuts and coffee as my apology," I said giving a big grin. He chuckled to herself before nodding his head. "You want to maybe come around back you could teach us some karate" Sam said. "Did I ever tell you about my first job selling cars?" He said. "No, I don't think you have," I said softly. I feel Sam pinch my arm and give me a mean glare. "Ow what," I said. "It was this used car lot in Tarzana the owner there he thought he was a guy gift to sales truth is the customer service smell his BS a mile away my first month there I outsold him" "How'd you do that"I asked. "I did what Mr. Miyagi taught me to do I treated people honestly look them in the eye I asked for the trust and I earned it. All the fanfare and all the gimmick that stuff I mean it gets them in the door but it doesn't sell cars it's the same thing with karate we got to use a more personal touch we got to look people in the eye and connect with them that's the only way we're ever going to be successful" he said hopping into the car. He twisted the keys and heard as it came to life. I gave him a small smile before handing him the donuts and coffee. "Well I'm going to go to my own practice I'll see you guys later," I said before driving away on my bike.

Time-skip-------------------------------------------

I walked inside the dojo in my white Gi to find a female standing victorious over Miguel. "Sorry I'm late Sensei I had an errand to run but what the hell happened while I was gone," I asked confused. I studied the girl closely to see she had paled when she saw me and I knew what that meant instantly, she recognized me and I didn't like that. After practice, I went to the store next door to get myself a water bottle. I noticed Alisha and the same girl that had beat Miguel.  I walked over to the duo and grab Aisha's attention. "Hey, can I borrow your friend for a second," I asked politely. "sure but you have to come to the beach house with us today," she said. I just looked at her confused before saying. "Um...Ok". I grab the girl's arm tightly and dragged her to the other side of the room. "Hey let go of me what's your problem" she tried to punch me in the head with her free arm but caught it and squeezed "How do you know me"I asked in a cold tone. "I don't know what you're talking about" I growled and squeezed some more until she winced pain. "You want to try that again" "Alright," she said. I let her go and she started flexing her fingers. "Speak and that's my final warning not like my brother so don't test me" I threatened. "I saw you on the news one day a couple of years back I've heard what you did," she said I sighed and glared at her "I'm guessing after you saw me on the news you went on the internet and you found a bunch of videos of me didn't you," I said. She slowly nodded wondering what I was going to do next. "Right listen up you will not tell anybody what you saw otherwise my entire family could be in jeopardy do you understand," I asked softly. She only nodded as a response. "What's your name," I asked. "Tory with a y," she said. "Well tory when Aisha asks you what happened you tell her that I thought you were the girl off of Jessie," I said. She gave me a confused look before she just shrugged. "Whatever," she said. "Now smile Tory we're going to the beach," I said smiling.