Chapter - 38 I miss him

Abhishek: Here's the deal Jaan. Sometimes life puts you through tough situations to make you stronger. And that's fine. You know why? Becuz you learn something. That you'll be remembering for as long as you live. 

Jannat's POV: I was all ears for his advice anytime he wanted to teach me something. I talked to him about how Siddharth's partial presence in my life was affecting me. Abhishek being the big brother he was, knew how to make me feel better in an instant. I took my head off from his shoulder and looked up to see him. He was sitting beside me holding my hand in a protective way. When he felt my gaze on him, he turned to look and smile at me through those hazel eyes. 

Abhishek: Sometimes, things go wrong. And that's okay. Nothing is permanent in your life except for you. So when people leave, you can either sit back and cry, or you can smile and move on. It all depends on you. But for real though, Imma beat him up the next time that I see him. I mean, he can't just walk in and walk out of someone's life like that. Don't worry hun, everything's gonna be alright. 

Jannat(smiles): You won't leave me though, right?

Abhishek: Anytime you need me, you know I'm there for you. Just hang on to life, it knows what its doing. 

Have you ever seen a guy giving someone else more priority than his own brother? I have. And I'm proud to call him my brother. He sticks up for me no matter what. Beyond everything else, he understands me. He knows exactly what I must be feeling. 

My birthday ended on a happy note to be honest. I was missing my family back home but I would be visiting them soon during the semester break. 

The next week, I was in my room with Anushka on a regular Saturday afternoon. We had a test the upcoming Monday and so we had our noses buried in our books. I had just finished highlighting an important definition, when I heard a book snap. Anushka had closed her book shut and she shouted,

Anushka: You know what? I miss him

Jannat(groans): I miss him too 

Anushka: I'm not lying but like I might say horrible words to your roommate for stealing him from us

Jannat: Likewise baby. But he's gone. We tried to stop him but-

Anushka: I miss bickering with him

Jannat: I miss talking to him

Anushka: I miss his anger

Jannat: I miss his laugh

Anushka: I miss his frown

Jannat: I miss his smile 

Anushka: I miss his care for us

Jannat: I miss his constant support. Whoa back up, Anushka, are you falling in love with him?

Anushka: Honey, you do realise I can say the same thing about you? And besides, no, I'm very busy cruising down the Riyaz highway

Jannat: True but you always say that everyone else always comes in second to Siddharth

Anushka: I mean, yes I do love him, but he's my best friend

I kept silent after that.

Anushka(slyly): But what's your excuse?

Jannat(sighs): I guess I just miss him too much 

Anushka's POV: We had just finished our test and Jannat had done amazingly well as always. Mine went real well too. I was sitting in my next class for the day, waiting for the professor to arrive. That's when I saw Siddharth walk up to my bench and sit down beside me. Um?