Chapter - 3 Meet Jannat

Avneet and Siddharth lag behind as they carry the huge bags of books while Anushka runs ahead excited to show Avneet her room. As they enter the dorm, Avneet turns to Siddharth,

Avneet: Hey, are you allowed inside a girls hostel? 

Sidd(smirks): Watch me.

He walks up to the table where the guard was sitting and says Hi while saluting him as if he has known him all his life and the guard instantly smiles as he sees Siddharth. 

Avneet's POV: I mean, that's pretty weird right? But he is probably known here cuz Jannat lives here. He might be visiting her quite often. The guard asked Siddharth who I was and he replied that I was a new student and I would be staying in Room 112 with Anushka. 

The guard nodded at him and then at me and we moved ahead. The door to room 112 was already opened thanks to Anushka of course. I went in excitedly and looked around in awe. The room was pretty modern. It had white ceramic tiles, two beds, two study tables, two chairs, and two amazingly big wardrobes. There was even a washroom at the corner of the room. Isn't that great? And might I say, the room was super clean, I probably got the best roommate in the biz. Anushka's half of the room was well decorated and had a girly factor accompanying along. Mine looked blank but I would be looking into the matter soon duh. Siddharth dropped the bags of books on the floor and so did I. Anushka gave me a complete description on how the room was to be handled, how the washroom timings would work out in the morning, and how I should decorate the place while Siddharth was staring into his phone. After a while he broke Anushka's speech, "Are you done? And Avneet, do you like this place?" "Yeah, its pretty cool" I replied. Anushka stuck her tongue out at Siddharth when he taunted her. Aw, these two are so adorable. 

Anyway, after a while we walked a couple of paces forward to find ourselves in front of room 116. To meet Jannat and check on her. I was honestly looking forward to meeting her. Siddharth tapped his knuckles on the door producing a neat beat while a voice from inside says "Come in!" 

As soon as Siddharth opened the door, a few rays of golden sunlight hit us followed by a squeak produced by the wooden door. Siddharth peeked in but there was nobody inside. All of a sudden, a head popped up from behind the door. It was a girl. I assumed it to be Jannat of course. She was wearing a black turtleneck sweater but I couldn't see her as a whole since she was revealing only her face while hiding herself behind the door.  She had an ivory white complexion, which complemented her pretty dark brown eyes. She was wearing a woollen cap needless to say she was feeling cold. She smiled as soon as she saw us and she looked absolutely adorable. 

Jannat: Hi! Can I show you something cool? 

Siddharth: Haan dikha na

Jannat then completely hid behind the door and revealed a long crutch which she was holding. She soon came out in front of us limping along. That's when we noticed it. Her right foot was plastered and she was using crutches to support herself. 

Siddharth's eyebrows instantaneously arched narrowing his caramel brown eyes that appeared hazel as strips of sunlight fell on his face. 

Sidd: What the fuck?! Yeh kaise hua?!

Jannat(she was grinning from ear to ear): Mera pair toot gaya!

Sidd: Why the heck are you smiling?! 

Jannat: Mere bachpan ka sapna tha to get a fracture. I'm so excited! This is my first fracture!!

Sidd: WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU? STOP LIMPING AROUND THE ROOM AND SIT DOWN!

Jannat: Dude, I'm not limping, this is basically how I walk now.

Siddharth went into the room and made her sit on the bed while Anushka seemed too shocked to speak anything and I was obviously clueless. 

Sidd: Pehele toh tum mujhe yeh batao ki yeh hua kaise?!

Jannat: Arrey, I was walking yesterday campus main hi and mera pair ek patthar se takra gaya so mera pair phir soojh gaya. Spondylitis ho gaya mujhe. And then yesterday raat ko, mera spondylitis phoot gaya. 

Sidd(yells): KYA?! Aur yeh sab hua kab??

Jannat: Kal 

Sidd(crossing his arms and shooting her an authoritative look): Why didn't you call me?

Jannat: Yaar you were out remember? Boys weekend, ring a bell? I figured you would leave everything and rush back here just to feel gulity.

Sidd: I am NOT feeling any less guiltier now!

Jannat(pointing towards Avneet): By the way, who is this?

Sidd: Don't change the topic dumbass! This is not a common cold or fever, YOU BROKE YOUR LEG! Why would you lie to me?

Anushka: Stop shouting at her idiot. Baby, how you feeling now?

Jannat: Thank you Jaanu. Atleast somebody cares. 

Sidd(still shouting): Kya Jaanu? Idhar dekh kar baat kar! I know you want to be independent but this is not the time to be independent!

Jannat: But..

Sidd: Shut up. This is your biggest problem idiot. YOU NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING! 

Avneet(trying to lighten up the mood): Hi Jannat, I am Avneet! I am actually new here and I am sharing a room with Anushka. So sorry to see you like this. Are you any better than yesterday?

Jannat(completely ignoring Sidd): Hi Avneet! Oh wow, that's great! Jaanu always wanted a roommate.

Avneet: You call Anushka Jaanu too?

Anushka: Yeah, we both call each other Jaanu.

Sidd: Are y'all kidding me? Jaan yaar aise kaam karti hi kyun hai tu?!

                          ----------

(A/n: did y'all like Jaan ki entry? don't forget to comment, vote, and drop a heart xx. See y'all tomorrow with another update! Love love xx)