Chapter - 8 The next day

We walked around the campus that evening, Anushka was ranting about how her love life was horrible and I was holding on to Siddharth's arm for support. Oh God, the number of people who showed fake concern for my leg was too high. Like you don't have to, I'm used to it. But they wouldn't listen so I had to tell everyone who asked me what was wrong that I was absolutely fine and it was just a small fracture. I hate socialising like anything. Well I'm glad it got over soon. So the day somehow ended. It was actually pretty boring just sitting in your room all day. Like I usually roam around the whole campus with a book in my hand, that's how I study. This is kinda new for me. Anyway, I didn't mention about the Riyaz fiasco did I? Nope doesn't look like it. So Riyaz was talking to Zahira in a corner and Anushka apparently saw this. She held Siddharth's other hand tightly and tried to look away as much as she could. Aw this one's as tender as a baby. Siddharth on the other hand was complaining that since we both were using his hands, he couldn't look into his phone. But he did it for us anyway. You know, it was painful walking like that. I mean yes I did walk with crutches at first for a few rounds, then Siddharth told me to try without the support and I just ended up hanging on to him. But the most painful thing was seeing Anushka in tears. Honestly, she was emotionally and mentally the strongest person among us all. Well sometimes, things go wrong and trust me, life knows what its doing. 

The next morning, 

Sidd: JAAN!!!

Jannat immediately opens her eyes to look at Siddharth standing in front of her.

Jannat: What dude

Sidd: Anushka kidhar hai?

Jannat(annoyed): Arrey how would I know? Let me sleep!

Sidd: Bro I can't find her anywhere. She is not outside, she is not in her room and she isn't here either. 

Jannat: Check the library

Siddharth's POV: I walked down the hallways to reach the huge library. I scanned my eyes through the place and I found Anushka sitting on one of the tables alone with a book in front of her and a cup of coffee in her hands. I went up to her and told her that our class was about to start. She nodded and we went to attend our class together. After a couple of classes, since we had a break we went to meet Jaan. Anushka and Jaan were talking about something and I was texting my mom that Jannat was doing much better now. That's when all our phones started ringing. A notification popped up on my phone screen.

Notification: Hey guys! We are elated to announce that the college fest week is finally here! Firstly, we would like to thank everyone on the committee. Secondly, if some of you are willing to volunteer please contact the committee. We are going to be kickstarting the fest with a dance on Friday night. Further details will be out soon. We hope to see you guys out there!

I read out the text aloud while the other two went through their phones to check if they had gotten the same text. 

Anushka: Omg, a dance? That's so cool. 

Jannat: I would call disection cooler.

Sidd: Yeah its either getting a dead body for disection or the college fest which happens once in a year. Its for you to decide what is cool.

Jannat: Jaanu, by the way, how's your new roommate?

Anushka: Well, we didn't really get to know each other better yesterday since my mood was off. But idk, she seems nice.

Sidd: I'll be right back.

Siddharth walked out of the room and knocked on room 112 silently.

Avneet: Come in!

Sidd: Hey, how's everything going?

Avneet: Pretty good till now. I had fun yesterday. But today it all seems too boring.

Sidd(laughing): Don't worry, you'll get used to it

Avneet: Yup, and by the way, I really appreciate all the help yesterday. Thanks a lot :)

Sidd: No problemo. Alright well I'll see you later 

Avneet: Bye

He walked out of the room just to bump into someone. 

Riyaz: Bro wth 

Sidd: Kitni baar bola hai dekh kar chala kar. Ek minute, tu yahan pe kya kar raha hai?

Riyaz: Main Jannat ko milne aaya hoon

Siddharth's POV: No no no. I can't let him go in there. If Anushka sees him her emotions will start acting up again. 

Sidd: Um, Jaan se tu baad main mil lena abhi hum canteen chalte hain

Riyaz(shrugs): Okay

Meanwhile, in Jannat's room,

Anushka: Jaanu? Have you ever had a crush?

Jannat(scoffs): Duh, bro, I'm not heartless

Anushka: Wait what? Whooooo? I'm offended you never told me

Jannat(chuckles): I'll tell you now 

Anushka: Tell na

Jannat:........

                                            ---------------

(A/n: Hey guys! Back with another update xd 

Who do you think is Jannat's crush? Stay tuned to find out! Make sure you vote, comment, and drop a heart if you liked it :D 

See y'all soon with another update xx Until then, love love xx)