Chapter 39

Shuijing

It had been a week and I still didn't get anywhere with the stuff Auntie Jade gave me. The boys helped out as much as they could even Ah Si who was still locking himself up in his room. He said that I didn't have anything to do with his fight with Ximen so he was more than willing to help but he didn't find anything either.

I sighed as I closed my eyes and frowned. A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Shui? It's me." A voice said.

"Come in Zuo." I replied, my eyes still closed as I heard the door shut and feel my boyfriend come in.

"Hey. You okay?" He asked as I felt him kiss my forehead as I opened my eyes and turned my chair to face him. He sat down in front of me, slightly crouching as he held my hands in both of his.

"It's one dead end after another Zuo. It's been weeks and I still got nothing. Even Ah Si couldn't find anything." I complained and he gave me a small smile.

"You'll find them. I know you will Shui. We're all here for you okay?" He reassured me, smiling as he leaned in and briefly kissed me. I giggled as he pulled away.

"You know, one of these days, kisses aren't going to help me." I teased as he laughed.

"Oh really? Well.until.that.happens.I'm. going. to. keep.kissing.you." He said, kissing my cheek after every word as I giggled and wrapped my arms around him. He hummed as he pulled me closer.

"Come on. Let's go." He said as he offered his hand and stood up. I looked at him, confused.

"Go where?" I asked as I stood up, holding his hand. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at what he was wearing. It was Mingde's uniform for high schoolers. I slightly smiled as I remembered how much I used to stare at him when we sat together at lunch.

"To cheer you up. Oh, which reminds me." He said before grabbing a large paper bag and handing it to me.

"What's this?" I asked, peeking inside. My old uniform, neatly folded and ironed out.

"Get changed Shui. I'll wait outside." He said before kissing my forehead and walking out of my room.

I pulled out the uniform, setting it on my bed as I wondered what my boyfriend had in store. The uniform consisted of a white long-sleeved shirt, a dark blue necktie with a matching short skirt and jacket.

What was he planning now?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Shui! Hurry up!" I heard Meizuo yell from downstairs.

"Okay okay! I'm almost done!" I yelled back as I placed a brown beret on my hair and adjusted my black thigh high socks and black pumps. I grabbed my small blue leather backpack which was a gift from Ximen, placing a pair of white sneakers and wallet inside. I placed my car keys inside my jacket pocket and grabbed my phone before heading downstairs.

"Zuo." I said as he turned his head to look at me.

"Let's go?" He asked, smiling before taking my bag in one hand and my hand in the other. I nodded, briefly kissing his cheek as we walked out of my house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We drove to the park where the rest of the boys were waiting, clad in their school uniforms. Meizuo helped me out as he carried my bag and held my hand in the other. Meizuo had made me change into my sneakers and placed my heels in his car.

They were leaning against a tree. Ximen and Lei waved happily at me while Ah Si kept his distance from them but nevertheless gave me a small smile. I guess he and Ximen still haven't made up.