Chapter 52

Shuijing

ONE WEEK LATER

A week had passed since the incident and everything was falling into place. We informed Ah Si about the plan but made sure to keep everything from Shancai. Everyone was sworn to secrecy including Shancai's parents, Zhuang jie and Auntie Daoming.

Meizuo and I were still a little awkward since we haven't gotten back together yet and still being friends is a bit weird but it works for us.

It was 8 in the morning and we were all at the venue, getting ready. The wedding would start at exactly 10 am. Ximen was making sure that Shancai was far from suspecting what was going on. I ignored her calls on my phone. She was growing worried because she couldn't find Ah Si, Lei, or any of us.

We kept the celebration as private as possible. Only us and a few of our friends. Zhuang jie would be officiating the ceremony. I was shocked to see Baihe and Xinhui but I could see they were trying to turn over a new leaf so I tried my best to stay calm around them.

The boys (with the exception of Ah Si who was wearing a black tux) were all dressed in white tuxedos along with Thomas, Shancai's friend from London, Qinghe who was trying hard not to cry, and Zhi Bu, Shancai's high school friend.

The boys stayed in Ah Si's suite while the girls stayed in mine. The girls consisted of me, Xiaoyou, Li Zhen, Xinhui, Baihe, and Xiaozi. Sooyeon unnie took the liberty of gifting Li Zhen and Xiaoyou with their dresses because they were having trouble with buying new dresses for the wedding.

Li Zhen and Xiaoyou were dressed in adorable pink long-sleeved cocktail dresses. I smiled as I saw how Ximen kept hugging Xiaoyou in happiness and he kept complimenting her. I smiled at how much Ximen had changed because of Xiaoyou.

"There. All done." I said to Xiaozi who was wearing a flowy blue cocktail dress. I put down the blush and she gave me a hug in thanks.

I was the only one who wasn't dressed yet so I grabbed my dress from the rack and went inside the bathroom to change.

After 10 minutes, I emerged and Xiaoyou squealed when she saw me.

"You look so pretty Shui!" She said and I smiled in thanks as I adjusted my dress in the mirror. I was wearing a long flowy white dress. The dress was long-sleeved had a white lace polka dot overlay that reached my neck. The ends of the sleeves were bellow-shaped. Underneath my dress were a pair of diamond encrusted open-toe heels. My ears were adorned with diamond pearl drop earrings. My hair was already curled slightly.

I smiled as Xiaozi handed me the lipstick. It was a neutral but kinda dark pink color. My phone beeped. It was a text from Meizuo.

"Shancai's coming. We'll all head to the hall while you're helping her out. Ximen made sure she'll be unconscious for the most part. -Zuo."

I told the girls the news and they all went downstairs with the exception of Xiaozi who was going to help me with changing Shancai into her wedding dress as well as her hair and makeup.

I was fixing up my hair when I heard a knock on the door.

I opened the door to find Lei and Meizuo holding Shancai. I don't know what they did to make her sleep but she was out like a light. Xiaozi and I helped her into her dress before fixing up her hair. I tied her hair into a neat bun with some strands framing her face. Xiaozi grabbed the meteor necklace (that was a gift from Ah Si) from the table stand. I added a little bit more blush and lipstick on her before turning to Xiaozi.

"Done." She said as we called Lei and Meizuo to help us bring Shancai (who was thankfully still asleep) downstairs. When we reached the hall, she looked like she was coming to so we carefully set her in the center of the room. She seemed conscious so she was able to stand straight.