Chapter 31

Shuijing

I groaned when I heard my alarm go off. I lifted my head from my pillow and looked around my room. I reached for my phone and checked the time. 8:30 am. I pressed the button the lock it when it suddenly rang. Ah Si.

"Hello?" I answered, sleepiness still evident in my voice.

"Were you still sleeping?" I groaned in annoyance.

"If I was, would I be talking to you right now?" I spat back and rubbed my eyes.

"Well get up and come over here now! I have to show you guys something. Lei and Ximen are already here but Meizuo isn't. Call him and come over okay? Bye Shui!" He said as he hung up and I placed my phone on my bed side table.

I stretched and smelled something delicious. I inhaled it and smiled. BACON. I grabbed my dark blue silk robe with lace trimming and placed it over my pale blue nightgown and tied it around my waist. I slipped on my blue and black slide sandals with silver buckles, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

I followed the smell of bacon and headed for the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks when I saw someone cooking but my lips slowly pulled into a smile once I realized who it was.

Meizuo.

"Good morning." I greeted happily as I approached him causing him to turn his head and look back at me with a bright smile. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt, gray pajama bottoms, and black slide sandals.

"Good morning Shui." He greeted as he continued cooking. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him, leaning my head against his shoulder. I sighed in contentment.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked and I hummed in response, inhaling his scent. He chuckled before turning off the stove and dishing up the eggs and bacon before turning to me. He gave me a smile and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close as I rested my hands on his chest. He continued to stare at me for a couple of minutes and I laughed.

"What?" I asked, giggling. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you." He stated and I smiled before leaning in and pressing my lips against him. After a few seconds, I pulled away and rested my forehead against his.

"I love you too." I stated which made him smile as he led me to the table. We ate in silence for a few minutes.

After we both had finished, I grabbed my plate and Meizuo's and headed to the sink. I walked back to grab the glass when Meizuo grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him, making me stumble a little which resulted in me sitting on his lap. I gasped as he turned me towards him and he just laughed and wrapped his arms around my stomach, nuzzling his head in my neck. I leaned back and rested my hands where his were.

"I still can't believe this is real. I've been holding back for so long and now..you're here in my arms." He said as he looked at me deeply. I gently caressed his face and leaned in, our noses touching as I sighed.

"Me too. I just wish it would be like this every day." I softly said and he nodded in agreement.

"It can." He answered and I pulled away and looked at him in confusion.

"How?" I asked and he flashed me a sweet smile.

"If you marry me." He said and my eyes widened slightly.

"W-w-what?" I asked and he just laughed and booped my nose before heading upstairs to shower and change, leaving me in shock.

Did he just.. indirectly.. ask me to marry him?