Part 37

**Mew's POV**

I was so worried last night about what Perth was going to talk about with Gulf that I hadn't even thought about the fact that he would crawl into the bed with me when he got home. I didn't want to scare him away so I just pretended to still be asleep when he came home. At first I expected him to push me away but instead he held me tightly and whispered.

Gulf: "Mew, I'm sorry, I can't promise that I will be 100% better but I will try for you."

I was nearly dying of happiness on the inside but I didn't want to ruin the moment and I actually was really tired at that point. So having the weight of him finally excepting me again kind of lifted my worries away and I was able to drift off into a peaceful sleep for the first time in a month.

Now I was just laying here cuddling Gulf with him still fast asleep, he was currently pressed to my chest with his face tickling my neck with his breath. It felt like this was a dream that I didn't want to wake up from. I'm afraid that once he opens his eyes I'm going to be back in Steve's house with all of my problems.

I'm so afraid of losing him that it's slowly killing me...

It was dead silent in the room for at least an hour before I feel his face scrunch up against my neck. On instinct I sucked in a breath and stopped breathing as he moves around for a second before rubbing his eyes and then kissing my neck softly.

Gulf: Whispering sleepily. "Good Morning Mew..."

Mew: I don't know how it's possible but I almost choked on air because this seemed too good to be true. "Good morning, uhm are you still mad at me?"

Gulf: I can see his face turn red as he shakes his head no against my shoulder. "Not anymore..." He looks up for a second before breaking the distance between us and gently presses his lips to mine before pulling away with a shy smile on his face. "I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble..."

Mew: I couldn't believe what he was saying but I wasn't going to question it, I didn't want to be in pain anymore. All I wanted was him and here he is... "You don't have to apologize Gulf. Just continue to love me and that's enough."

Gulf: "I love you..."

Mew: A happy tear began to slide down my cheek. "I love you too, so fucking much..."

Gulf: He had his head resting against my pillow only a few inches away from my face as he lets out a tiny sigh of frustration. "Can I ask you something?"

Mew: "Anything."

Gulf: "..."

Mew: I hold a hand up to his chin feeling overly joyful right now. "What is it babe."

Gulf: "D-do you ever find me disgusting or revolting from what Max did to me?..."

Mew: I knew I shouldn't have but I couldn't help but laugh. "Are you kidding me? I have never seen you as any of those things. You didn't choose for that to happen and it's not your fault. So why would I view you differently for something you didn't do? All it accomplished was make me want to murder Max in his sleep and then hide his body away so nobody could be hurt by him again."

Gulf: I guess that made him feel better because he begins to grin. "You didn't actually kill him did you?"

Mew: "No I didn't. Believe me I wanted to but I didn't, I just had his dad deal with it like I mentioned earlier. I didn't want to deal with him any longer than I needed to. I wanted to come home to you as soon as I could."

Gulf: It looked like he was going to say something but then he closes his mouth and then says something different. "it's okay, you don't have to explain anything to me. I understand now..."